Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
I've never priced them out so I couldn't tell you with any accuracy but they should be fairly cheap compared to most aftermarket options, you'll pay a premium of sorts though since there are a finite number of them out there. A quick glance at eBay I see several BK1 and BK2 wheel all in the $150-$200 range, it's the shipping that'll kill you though, best to look for a local seller.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've never priced them out so I couldn't tell you with any accuracy but they should be fairly cheap compared to most aftermarket options, you'll pay a premium of sorts though since there are a finite number of them out there. A quick glance at eBay I see several BK1 and BK2 wheel all in the $150-$200 range, it's the shipping that'll kill you though, best to look for a local seller.
Yeah, thats what i figured. Cool man, appreciate all your help!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Figured this was a good place to post this question rather than a new thread...

If I were to switch from my non-track 18s to a set of the track 19s and run the factory 19" tires would my traction control throw a fit? The diameter and circumference would increase by .4% up front, while out back the diameter would remain the same (.1% increase in circumference but same diameter... don't know how that works, but that's what the tire calculator says lol).

Just kinda considering a switch to the factory 19s since I figure a lightly-used set could be had much cheaper than something aftermarket. Plus it opens up the option of Brembos :)
Sorry, bringing back an old thread again.

I had the same questions as this, but I'm also wondering what will happen going from a sidewall of 45 that the 18's have to a 40. It's not going to mess with height or anything is it?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,557 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I love this calculator

·
Premium Member
102 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
If you're going to keep the 19" factory spec (225/40/19 front, 245/40/19 rear) you'll have no issues.
What if it's 225/45/19f and 245/40/19r? The place that I might be buying them from has this set-up. I'm at stock height, will this be fine or will I need to get different tires for the front? That calculator says it will fill out the wheelwell by an extra 13 mm and increases the speedometer a bit....

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
That may be an issue for TCS and/or ESC. The stock ratio means that the rear tire rotates from 2.4% - 2.7% slower than the fronts (depending on 18" or 19") due to being larger in circumference, however in the scenario you propose the fronts would actually rotate slower than the rears by about 1%. Unfortunately you won't know for sure that will cause an issue until you try it as no one has proven what the min/max deviation from the stock tire ratios can be before those systems freak out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Long time no talk, guys. The threading/wiring started to show on my rear tires, so I made a quick and desperate decision to order some affordable tires (Achilles ATR Sports). I have a 2011 R-Spec. I was running 235/35/19 on the front with 20mm spacers, and 255/35/19 in the rear with 25mm spacers. Everything fit great, but in the effort to save money I ordered tires all the same size of 235/35/19 for the front and rear. I don't think there will be any rubbing given the smaller size and spacers, but I was wondering if the non-staggered, smaller size of the rears (235 vs. stock's 245) would be an issue? Obviously there'd be less tread and all the performance associated with that, but I just wanted to make sure they'll fit the rear wheels and be safe. Thanks in advance!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
Long time no talk, guys. The threading/wiring started to show on my rear tires, so I made a quick and desperate decision to order some affordable tires (Achilles ATR Sports). I have a 2011 R-Spec. I was running 235/35/19 on the front with 20mm spacers, and 255/35/19 in the rear with 25mm spacers. Everything fit great, but in the effort to save money I ordered tires all the same size of 235/35/19 for the front and rear. I don't think there will be any rubbing given the smaller size and spacers, but I was wondering if the non-staggered, smaller size of the rears (235 vs. stock's 245) would be an issue? Obviously there'd be less tread and all the performance associated with that, but I just wanted to make sure they'll fit the rear wheels and be safe. Thanks in advance!
With the front and rear wheels rotating at the same speed you may have TCS issues, likely when accelerating hard or at highway speeds, although some people claim to have no issues form square setups so your results may vary.

Also, from personal experience and the experience of others, those ATR Sports seem like a good bargain and perform decently but only for about 5,000 miles or so, after that they just don't handle or grip very well especially in the wet. They also don't wear terribly well and lasted well less than 15,000 miles for me. Just be prepared to be underwhelmed...

·
Registered
65 Posts
With the front and rear wheels rotating at the same speed you may have TCS issues, likely when accelerating hard or at highway speeds, although some people claim to have no issues form square setups so your results may vary.

Also, from personal experience and the experience of others, those ATR Sports seem like a good bargain and perform decently but only for about 5,000 miles or so, after that they just don't handle or grip very well especially in the wet. They also don't wear terribly well and lasted well less than 15,000 miles for me. Just be prepared to be underwhelmed...
I don't use TCS so hopefully that won't be an issue for me lol. I had ATR Sports before my current set, and had a similar experience with them (good performance, but didn't last long). It definitely was a budget buy, hence the attempt to get all the same sizes because I wanted to rotate them. That being said, with the staggered wheel sizes will I be able to rotate the rears to the front safely (taking my spacers into consideration)?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
I don't use TCS so hopefully that won't be an issue for me lol. I had ATR Sports before my current set, and had a similar experience with them (good performance, but didn't last long). It definitely was a budget buy, hence the attempt to get all the same sizes because I wanted to rotate them. That being said, with the staggered wheel sizes will I be able to rotate the rears to the front safely (taking my spacers into consideration)?
The stock wheels have the same offsets front and rear so in theory you should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I just got a 2011 Genesis premium and I am having difficulty finding the right size...
Would it be possible to run 225/50R17 front and back or would that be an issue?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
The wheels on your car are 18" assuming they haven't been replaced with a smaller aftermarket option, so no you can't.

Stock tires on the Coupes with 18" wheels are 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear, not uncommon sizes, so unless there's something you're not sharing you should be able to find tires no problem.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts