Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

841 - 860 of 896 Posts

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
LOL a 10mm does not need studs. I have a 5mm in the front and could probably run 3 of them. So a 245/40 should work with either a 10 or 15mm

·
Registered
125 Posts
LOL a 10mm does not need studs. I have a 5mm in the front and could probably run 3 of them. So a 245/40 should work with either a 10 or 15mm
Come on now don't laugh haha I thought I had read 5 was max to be safe on stock studs. I'll try a 10mm and see how many turns I get on the lug.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just went with 5mm spacer all around to play it safe on the stock studs

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm only getting 4 and a half to 5 turns on the lug with a 5mm spacer. Is this okay to run?

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
How many are you getting w/o?

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
I've been running a 5mm since last summer with no issues so I think you are fine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been running a 5mm since last summer with no issues so I think you are fine.
What's up bud. Ended up sitting at a +2 (yes, +2 not +12 haha) offset in the front with a 225/40. No rub at all. Don't ask me how lol

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
225/40??? That's how lol thats stretcheddddddddd

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey guys, i'm currently running;

19x9.5 +15
19x11 +21
225/35/19
255/35/19
Lowered on BC Coils...

It's a pretty decent stretch but i'm looking to get a set of tires that I could run on the track with. Basically no stretch whatsoever. Can someone recommend the proper size?

From what i've found, 235/35 Front and 275/35 Rear look like it'd be appropriate?

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Running a wider tire isnt going to give you what you are looking for. Running STICKIER tires will. You will have major rubbing issues anyways with those sizes especially in the corners.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
Hey guys, i'm currently running;

19x9.5 +15
19x11 +21
225/35/19
255/35/19
Lowered on BC Coils...

It's a pretty decent stretch but i'm looking to get a set of tires that I could run on the track with. Basically no stretch whatsoever. Can someone recommend the proper size?

From what i've found, 235/35 Front and 275/35 Rear look like it'd be appropriate?
On your current wheels or on a new set of wheels?

both of those tire sizes are still going to be stretched if using your current wheels.

·
Registered
605 Posts
On my current set of wheels.

Looking to get rid of stretch but from what J Long has said i'm going to be running into rubbing issues :/
I'm running 235/255 on 9.5 +15 and 11 +15. The tires run a little wider than most and are closer to 245 and 265. Point is, its as wide as you can go with those wheel specs.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
New rims it is then.
I'd personally recommend taking a look at Ace Alloy.

Not just because we have a sale on them, but for more specific reasons as I'll detail.

I've long been a wheel whore. It's just whether I could afford what I wanted or not. As I've gotten into this game, you learn a lot about the manufacturers, their marketing teams, and the end quality of the wheels that they produce. That being said, there are some products and some companies that are much better than others.

Ace Alloy happens to be one of those companies. How do I know this you may ask? Why is my information better than any other? How come their really isn't any info out there anyway?

Let just say this... I recently (a yr ago now) was introduced to the former President of BBS, NA (renowned as one of the best wheels available today). He was a lifer with them having been there over 25 years. He recently left BBS and is now working for an aluminum forging company. This company supplies several of the top brands in the world with forged aluminum for them to use in their milling process. John is probably the most trusted contact in the wheel industry today.

With that being said, I'm walking through the 2014 SEMA show and I had already talked to the guys at Ace Alloy a few times. I don't like stopping when they're busy since I'm just their to joke around and eat their candy (Ace always has Halloween candy at their tables). As I'm walking up, I see John shooting the $hit with them. Wondering why John is over here talking to a cast wheel manufacturer, I come to find out that he has known them for years and as of recent had visited their manufacturing facility overseas. The next words to come out of his mouth have given me the complete and utmost respect for this company.

"Ace has one of the best casting facilities I've seen overseas. I highly recommend them!"

Ever since then, I can't let that statement go and I've been a big fan of their workings ever since.

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
-3 offset 19x10.5 in the rear now. But the thread doesn't allow attachments anymore

841 - 860 of 896 Posts