Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 903 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #202 (Edited)
XS Speed, you are a fool if you really believe your sig. :rolleyes:
Prove it's not ;)

I don't see any other time slip proving it wrong. Any other forum? Even any rumor? Possibly a company out there with some kind of evidence of a faster car?

I hear there is a Genesis Coupe 2.0T running 7's in butt kiss nowhere, Iowa. Does that make it the fastest Genesis Coupe in North America? There isn't even a slip to prove my rumor.

At this time XS Speed is the fastest Genesis Coupe none to this community consisting of every internet geek driving a GC, spanning across North America. If there is a faster GC around you certainly let us know...

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Open to thoughts...

I have been keeping the slips up to date by user and their modifications.

Nitrous left me thinking, should I add the NA pass, or should I only keep the nitrous pass.

Any feed back would be appreciated?

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Was it done on street tires? WHat psi were you running?
Drag Radials.... Not gonna see 12s without them.

To Clarify for Kamkaze; There are no laws regarding the use of Nitrous in New Brunswick, we also have no emissions laws. Therefore it is Street Legal here.... In other provinces it may be illegal..... and there are two slips posted and 2 mod lists posted, One is on the bottle (12.83) and the other is all motor (13.43).

RudyH, I see no problem separating the cars with power adders from the all motor passes, as long as the turbo cars are included.... besides there is only YellowGC and I running nitrous on these boards. In the end it's up to you, we all appreciate your diligence in keeping this updated.....Thanks

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
Prove it's not ;)

I don't see any other time slip proving it wrong. Any other forum? Even any rumor? Possibly a company out there with some kind of evidence of a faster car?

I hear there is a Genesis Coupe 2.0T running 7's in butt kiss nowhere, Iowa. Does that make it the fastest Genesis Coupe in North America? There isn't even a slip to prove my rumor.

At this time XS Speed is the fastest Genesis Coupe none to this community consisting of every internet geek driving a GC, spanning across North America. If there is a faster GC around you certainly let us know...
common, really? The 7 sec GC is hearsay, we don't even have a dyno or know anything about it. But if there was a dyno and it was 1300hp, it could be possible.

What I am saying is there are numerous confirmed GC's with dyno's making well over 350whp. Weighing less and having more power than a 3.8 means it is quicker. I mean sure there is some skill involved, but again gong back to MSU. Do you really need him to go to the track to prove that it would rape any GC out there let alone XS? If anyone should have the title, it is him. Though it is still possible that there are others faster than his.

I don't know why you say a timeslip is the only way to prove it, a dyno is just as good.

Here is a 2.0T getting 12.9, the HP is unknown but the turbo it has on isn't and one could guess no more than 300whp? I even have more power than that and I would guess it would run mid 12's. And I am one of the slower ones in NA. But that is just a guess and I could be wrong.... But you konw what is no guess, is MSU. 450whp @3200lbs car will easily break into the 11's even on street tires. If it had slicks and a launch controll, forget about it.

You do have the fastest time slip on Gencoupe.com and maybe the NA, so why don't you put that? No one can argue with or deny that one. Maybe that is not misleading enough?

But whatever, if you really want to live in that dillusional world, apparently no one can talk any sense into you.

You can retort if you want, but I am done, I don't want to take this any further off topic.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was searching around the forum for some info and I happen to come across an old thread with timeslips for a 2.0T stock vs MBC only. The guy's user name is DragNRacing, it's the first post in this thread I stumbled upon:

http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/13431-bone-stock-buschur-mbc-14-7-94mph.html

He had surprisingly good results with just the MBC. His MBC run was nearly as quick as a couple of 2.0T's with PA reflashes and bested a couple of their trap speeds...:cool:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
common, really? The 7 sec GC is hearsay, we don't even have a dyno or know anything about it. But if there was a dyno and it was 1300hp, it could be possible.

What I am saying is there are numerous confirmed GC's with dyno's making well over 350whp. Weighing less and having more power than a 3.8 means it is quicker. I mean sure there is some skill involved, but again gong back to MSU. Do you really need him to go to the track to prove that it would rape any GC out there let alone XS? If anyone should have the title, it is him. Though it is still possible that there are others faster than his.

I don't know why you say a timeslip is the only way to prove it, a dyno is just as good.

Here is a 2.0T getting 12.9, the HP is unknown but the turbo it has on isn't and one could guess no more than 300whp? I even have more power than that and I would guess it would run mid 12's. And I am one of the slower ones in NA. But that is just a guess and I could be wrong.... But you konw what is no guess, is MSU. 450whp @3200lbs car will easily break into the 11's even on street tires. If it had slicks and a launch controll, forget about it.

You do have the fastest time slip on Gencoupe.com and maybe the NA, so why don't you put that? No one can argue with or deny that one. Maybe that is not misleading enough?

But whatever, if you really want to live in that dillusional world, apparently no one can talk any sense into you.

You can retort if you want, but I am done, I don't want to take this any further off topic.
I can see both sides of this and XS's comments... No slip, no bragging about times... IMHO a dyno is just about as good as a time slip. Some people just don't go to the track. There are at least 3 other GC's making 375-500whp, so XS saying fastest street legal is total BS especially when NAAAWZ isn't steet legal in the vast majority of NA. But if someone wants to brag and cry for attention, I say let them, I get a good kick out of it. He may have the fastest slip yes, but fastest GC, hell no, especially when it couldn't maintain that power and times over a track day or without refilling a bottle. No way a v6 spraying a small shot of lauging gas is going to run any of the 350+whp coupes out there. Beyond redline ran a 12.9 with one attempt and only an upgraded stock turbo. The guy from florida with the black v6 and spray (Vtom?) couldn't even run Tony20TGen when he was at just 315whp...

·
Joe-Shmoe
2,273 Posts
I was searching around the forum for some info and I happen to come across an old thread with timeslips for a 2.0T stock vs MBC only. The guy's user name is DragNRacing, it's the first post in this thread I stumbled upon:

http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/13431-bone-stock-buschur-mbc-14-7-94mph.html

He had surprisingly good results with just the MBC. His MBC run was nearly as quick as a couple of 2.0T's with PA reflashes and bested a couple of their trap speeds...:cool:
He was also running light weight 17" drag radials on his Track GC and had a thread about it that I bookmarked somewhere.

Folks with amazing 350+whp 2.0turbo set-up can just hit the track and close the topic... maybe they are afraid of blowing up something?

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Folks with amazing 350+whp 2.0turbo set-up can just hit the track and close the topic... maybe they are afraid of blowing up something?
Precisely... Until then.....

BTW, RudyH I'm also running the SFR reflash. I noticed it's not mentioned on the chart

·
Registered
14 Posts
I still don't see my time posted, and I posted slips, in another thread and I apparently can't post in this threat till 10 posts, so this is gonna be 9 and i'll post my best run and the run that shoulda destroyed it in the next post

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thats my best run 13.732 @ 101.97 and the run that shoulda been a 13.65ish if the car would just friggin shift 3rd to 4th, and it's frustrating because it only does it on the track and only 3rd to 4th gear.
I was .046 and 1.1mph up to the 1/8th.

Now that I have 3 nights at the track and like 12 runs i have never seen such an inconsistent auto car, shifts at different rpms, randomly just completely blow the tires off.

Car is bone stock 2010 normal a/t with 22,000 miles.

All 3 times i've been to the track it's ran a 13.7. But only that first night was I ever able to get the car to not bog going 3rd to 4th.

Picture of the car at the track the first night

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Nice times.... Yes these can be inconsistent, until you figure out what it likes. Then hang on...

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I still don't see my time posted, and I posted slips, in another thread and I apparently can't post in this threat till 10 posts, so this is gonna be 9 and i'll post my best run and the run that shoulda destroyed it in the next post
Sorry I am only subscribed to this thread for updates not the whole forum.

Fastest stock! Should be updated once Google pushes it.

·
Registered
413 Posts

Thats my best run 13.732 @ 101.97 and the run that shoulda been a 13.65ish if the car would just friggin shift 3rd to 4th, and it's frustrating because it only does it on the track and only 3rd to 4th gear.

Now that I have 3 nights at the track and like 12 runs i have never seen such an inconsistent auto car, shifts at different rpms, randomly just completely blow the tires off.

All 3 times i've been to the track it's ran a 13.7. But only that first night was I ever able to get the car to not bog going 3rd to 4th.

Picture of the car at the track the first night
I know the felling :( .

It does that and for no reason at all ?:dunno:

·
Banned
965 Posts

I feel your pain. I am running nitrous & every time I spray no matter what RPM I shift at or if I let the car shift itself (Auto ZF) I always get power cut on the 1-2. What good is a performance car when it is neutered so badly from the factory?! :mad2: I think this crap is more of a reason why I can't get a respectable time instead of the traction issues. If I can't find anyone that can fix this issue I am going to try to get rid of the car. I'm already looking at other options. This doesn't fly with me.

·
Banned
631 Posts
Should have gotten a stick! My car shifts when I tell it to. Not a moment before or after. Though then of course, rather than bogging, you'll just have randomly grinding gears! :)

·
Banned
631 Posts
Oh, if I'm not mistaken there was a TSB for a reflash not too long ago, seems they botched the ecu on a lot of the older stock. maybe you could look into that, may fix your bogging problem?

·
My 1/4 Mile Project
128 Posts
201 - 220 of 903 Posts