Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 903 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Tonight my car went 14.0. I could have put down a 13.9 but some bad stuff happened... I suspect a cracked or some how broken flywheel... There are some real bad noises coming from my engine bay right now.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
thats not good.. =/ what're your mods surf?

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's more like it. I did'nt know they tuned it for 94 octane though. I think mine is tuned for 91 and I think 92 is the highest in Ohio.
Some stations in Ohio sell super premium. I didnt have a car that could take advantage of it when I was there but I recall they had it. That was a year ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
2011 r-spec 2.0t stock with intake silencer delete and 2 rounds on the turbo acuator launch at 5k had quit a bit of wheel spin but i ran better than way because it was like wot control at 5k but i couldn't get it all to come together 4 a better time but these r the best i wouldve wieghed it but they dont have a weigh machine run was on 87 octane gas

my best 60ft was 2.14
my best 330ft was 6.25
my best 1/8 et was 9.60
my best 1/8 mph was 73.55
my best 1/4 et was 14.93
my best 1/4 mph was 94.64
out of 15 runs wind was about 7mph temp was 49 degrees farenheit
cant wait to see what pa tune does

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
2011 r-spec 2.0t stock with intake silencer delete and 2 rounds on the turbo acuator launch at 5k had quit a bit of wheel spin but i ran better than way because it was like wot control at 5k but i couldn't get it all to come together 4 a better time but these r the best i wouldve wieghed it but they dont have a weigh machine run was on 87 octane gas
my best 60ft was 2.14
my best 330ft was 6.25
my best 1/8 et was 9.60
my best 1/4 et was 14.93
Well done! List has been updated, and should be good to go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I guess I can place the tag of "the Official Worst GenCoupe Driver"

1st run
- 3.6 60ft
- 16.0 1/4
97mph
I accidentally left TCS on

2nd run
-2.8 60ft
-15.3 1/4
- 97 mph
I suuuuuuck

3rd run
-2.4 60ft
-14.6 1/4
98mph

For the most part, all I did was wheel hop the entire first gear and part of second with all runs.

I'm not even going to bother scanning that crap lol

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
^^^ don't worry, you will get better with practice. Besides, I don't think you will be alone since it's been forever since I've been to the drag strip.

Rudy, I'm more prone to tracks with turns in them, but I'm going to make it a point to get to Rynolds dragstrip this year after I finish my Stage1 & post results here.

·
Joe-Shmoe
2,273 Posts
What RPM are you guys launching at? Not having the track models LSD, does that matter much in this circumstance?
I guess without LSD, you really don't want to end up spinning the tires or you will seriosuly hurt your 0-60ft.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I guess I can place the tag of "the Official Worst GenCoupe Driver"
Did you see my times :hsugh:

haha, it's all about learning and correcting your mistakes, something you can't do on the street and find where you can improve.

IMO, drag racing the way I view it is like golf. You don't race against the other people on the strip, but always try to improve your own score. Plus you can't golf down a suburban street without pissing a lot of people off (same with racing :))

I'll leave the times out without slip for now ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
87 octane?!

my best 60ft was 2.14
my best 330ft was 6.25
my best 1/8 et was 9.60
my best 1/4 et was 14.93

·
Registered
99 Posts
i did my run on 87 octane fuel
im gettin in br reflash this week im hoping ill get 14 flat since i got the best stock time find out next friday hopefully ill prolly run at baytown raceway better track than where im at

·
Registered
99 Posts

this was my best run on these tires

this was the run
View My Video
run was on br tune with cone filter n obviously stock bald tires rear right tire toe was off 1.86 degrees so prolly slowed me down a lil ill try again prolly next month only had 3 kills that night mustang gt a 80's silverado and a ext cab silverado i got killed by the following ext cab lwb tundra, swb single cab turbo silverado, trans am.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
run was on br tune with cone filter n obviously stock bald tires rear right tire toe was off 1.86 degrees so prolly slowed me down a lil ill try again prolly next month only had 3 kills that night mustang gt a 80's silverado and a ext cab silverado i got killed by the following ext cab lwb tundra, swb single cab turbo silverado, trans am.
Well done, you actually decreased your quarter by almost a second....don't think it's too much to hate about

·
Yay RWD!
307 Posts

this was my best run on these tires

this was the run
View My Video
Nice run but please flog your camerperson mercilessly lol

·
My 1/4 Mile Project
128 Posts
First run of 2011 12.7623 @111.92 mph

221 - 240 of 903 Posts