Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Everything is achievable with enough money!

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
I dont think so... alot of members are CLOSE , but imo- im pretty sure its not achievable.. i could be wrong
You need an upgraded turbo to run 12's consistently.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Everything is achievable with enough money!
Exactly ^^^ but it has to be on stock turbo (no 19T upgrade) & stock engine block/head.
At least that is what me stevejohns & surfmavrik agreed upon.

You need an upgraded turbo to run 12's consistently.
We are only looking to do it once just to prove it can be done, then we have all agreed that a bigger turbo is going on. :D

BTW, I'm not even going to try until fall when it is cooler once all my stuff is on & running perfectly. :gc-drool1:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im going to be running my car bone stock at the track with about 500 miles on it next weekend. Then that week a turboback exhaust & short ram intake will be going on and ill prob run it again to see the gains

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I'm at a 13.7 @103 without the use of my launch controller.

My car seems to run much better in this state though. I'm trying to get a night off to hit up the track down here! I feel that surf will be the one of us to achieve this goal though!.. But like you said Tufast, as soon as it's done, bigger turbo time! I highly believe it's possible.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
I'm at a 13.7 @103 without the use of my launch controller.

My car seems to run much better in this state though. I'm trying to get a night off to hit up the track down here! I feel that surf will be the one of us to achieve this goal though!.. But like you said Tufast, as soon as it's done, bigger turbo time! I highly believe it's possible.
launch controller + slicks and you're in the 12's

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is mine 2010 gc Grand Touring.
100% stock, stock tires, Full tank of gas.

1st time down the track in 18 years. 2nd gear got a little grind when i let the clutch go to soon, which slowed me down a little
I did get the speed in the pic but it was 96.51 mph. I had one run at 98mph but can't find the slip

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
launch controller + slicks and you're in the 12's
That's what I'm thinking too :) my 13.7 was in PA.. At wot I was at a 12.1 to a 12.4.. But now in Delaware I just at a 11.9 to a 12.1

Same tune, just a difference elevation. I hope to fine out soon :) still on the stock clutch though.. I don't know if I'll pull 12s with it

281 - 300 of 913 Posts