Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

321 - 340 of 913 Posts

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
awesome
Imagine a 11.9 @ the track... people would go nuts!
in a Hyundai
there's a guy doing better than this in a 1998 accent (2L swap + turbo)
but i guess i am one of the fastest GC in the area ..

when i get a custom tune and a good fmic i guess ill be able to touch 11's with drag radials

·
My 1/4 Mile Project
128 Posts
Just cheaking to see if anyone beat my times. Going to the track thursday to see if I can beat it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Godly 12.3 on a Genny street tire, i wanna see the look on all the WRX and EVO face when they see this.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I just got my car retuned at turbo xs, and made some more power, so I'm going to try and get up to the track tomorrow and see what it does. :dunno:

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Just cheaking to see if anyone beat my times. Going to the track thursday to see if I can beat it.
LOL, Not yet, but it's coming........

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
there is a road nearby that gets us the same times we get at the tracks in my area ..
took the gtech for a ride yesterday .. after trying it on a few friend's cars we got it calibrated properly and i went for a few runs
managed to pull a [email protected]
i was surprised to see how the ventus can hook up when dropping pressure
launched around 4K .. rpm dropped to 3k with almost no wheelspin
the car is way easier to launch with the bigger turbo .. and the feeling of the gt30 is so awesome .. the car pulls like a stock car under 4k but once you get past that it's night and day .. car starts pulling like crazy and keeps pulling that hard until redline at 7200
Hate to tell ya but until you run it at the track you aint done it......

·
My 1/4 Mile Project
128 Posts
to xspeed, didnt you have some thing in the works? I thought you were going to try your brother or friend in your car? Im 190pounds soking wet. Have you ran it this year?
I have made 8 passes this season and im all over the 12.79- 12.81 range its like automatic.
Come on down to the states for day or two and we can run them side by side, It will be fun. You can stay at my place if you need to. Just think two 12 second gennys on one track in one video.......sick!
Lets do it

·
My 1/4 Mile Project
128 Posts
Tonights best pass 8-11-11 12.769

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
to xspeed, didnt you have some thing in the works? I thought you were going to try your brother or friend in your car? Im 190pounds soking wet. Have you ran it this year?
I have made 8 passes this season and im all over the 12.79- 12.81 range its like automatic.
Come on down to the states for day or two and we can run them side by side, It will be fun. You can stay at my place if you need to. Just think two 12 second gennys on one track in one video.......sick!
Lets do it
Yup, it's still in the process, been having some health issues and havent been to the track yet. Car is currently apart but should be ready for the track in late September.
Would love to come down your way but, I am currently not allowed into the US, I was a bad boy a few years ago, LOL.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Went to the track last night for the first time but It didnt go so well. I only got two runs in and on the first I launched at 2k with pretty much no wheel spin the second (higher et) I launched around 2.5k with lots of wheel spin. It was about 16 degrees Celsius and 3380ft elevation. Small burnouts in the box with tire pressures 35psi on ventus v12's.

I'm hoping to go back next week and make some less embarrassing passes and maybe drop the rear tire pressures a bit. Any tips?

Car 778

·
Registered
32 Posts
I should also mention its a 3.8GT (track) M/T. Poweraxel reflash, AEM CAI, magnaflow CBE it made 252hp and 225tq on a mustang dyno in seattle (close to sea level). I would think the trap speed would be a bit higher?

Also note that the left side speed sensor wasn't working which is why the trap speeds look so wonky.

·
Flame Thrower
1,124 Posts
Good looking numbers. I am liking the 3.8's on spray more and more each time I see them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I test my GCT at the track tonight. I ran a 14.7 @ 98mph. with a 2.226 , 60ft. I just do 2 runs, my clutch was slipping at the first 60ft.

I need some practice to launch the car better!!

·
POV Futografee
2,407 Posts
Well I just made my first pass EVER on a drag strip last night. Not too bad, considering lol I've got a Magnaflow CBE and Air Box delete w/ high flow filter (aka homemade intake lol) But now I've got the bug. I'm thinking a 75 shot and SFR reflash. And maybe some cams when they finally come out!

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Hate to tell ya but until you run it at the track you aint done it......
the place where i do my runs is often used by streetracers because almost nobody goes there and on over a hundred cars that have been tested there i can tell you that there is about 0.1sec difference with the local dragstrips

i wouldn't post something if i didn't know what im doing

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Then take er to the strip and get some slips, would love to see some low 12 Singer slips.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
Then take er to the strip and get some slips, would love to see some low 12 Singer slips.
yeah .. gonna have fix that transmission issue .. then ill take it to the strip .. wi slicks and ill come back with timeslips .. im hoping for 11's with slicks

321 - 340 of 913 Posts