Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

461 - 480 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
So your telling us you ran the same 1/8th mile time as the car that ran a 12.3 next to me with a 1.6 60 ft..highly doubt that..Slip or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So i just started racing my genesis on a local 1/8th mile track and i realized i seriously need more traction.

Getting 7.8 seconds, with lots of wheel spin.

I really just want to go all out and get drag slicks.

What is the biggest diameter tire i could run without anymodifications?
Here you go:

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Here you go:
^^ I am under the impression that they handed you the wrong time slip. Ive had it happen to me before.

My 60 ft time was a 2.10
with an 1/8 ET at 8.65 @ 83.4 mph

Running a quarter at a 13.32...

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^ I am under the impression that they handed you the wrong time slip. Ive had it happen to me before.

My 60 ft time was a 2.10
with an 1/8 ET at 8.65 @ 83.4 mph

Running a quarter at a 13.32...
I have a 7.8 a couple 7.9s and a few 8.0s i am positive its mine.

Its also solo because it was the end of the night right before shutting down and there was at least 5 minutes before and after my pass. Theres no way it wasnt mine. And ill have a faster one next sunday.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I have a 7.8 a couple 7.9s and a few 8.0s i am positive its mine.

Its also solo because it was the end of the night right before shutting down and there was at least 5 minutes before and after my pass. Theres no way it wasnt mine. And ill have a faster one next sunday.
And what are you mods besides a reflash?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well if that is your slip its very impressive if your all motor

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Their timing system is obviously screwed up..... 7.8 in the eighth would be 11s in the quarter..... on a base 3.8 with a flash and CAI, not in this lifetime.... Try another track i bet you get hugely disappointed.

By Comparison my best 1/8 is and 8.0 @ 90 mph with a 1.90 60', that's with drag radials, 3.9 gears, CAI, ported intake, 1" plenum spacer, Headers, DP, Duel exhaust, lightweight pulley, motor mounts, SFR Flash, and a 100 shot of Nitrous

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Their timing system is obviously screwed up..... 7.8 in the eighth would be 11s in the quarter..... on a base 3.8 with a flash and CAI, not in this lifetime.... Try another track i bet you get hugely disappointed.

By Comparison my best 1/8 is and 8.0 @ 90 mph with a 1.90 60', that's with drag radials, 3.9 gears, CAI, ported intake, 1" plenum spacer, Headers, DP, Duel exhaust, lightweight pulley, motor mounts, SFR Flash, and a 100 shot of Nitrous

Thank you.

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Your going to tell me whats impossible? My car is all motor and hell i would let you go over the whole thing. I'm not the type to go on a forum and claim things that aren't true. What would be the point of that? Too look like a fool? The fact of the matter is for what ever reason my gen is faster than the average one and on top of spinning most of first on that run I spun a quarter of the way through second. The car pulls and beats a lot of cars it normally shouldn't. You can claim I'm spraying or doing this or doing that. I don't really care doesn't matter to me what you believe. And trust me I understand your argument and where your coming from and I'm not saying you don't know what your talking about. But I'm not going to be told some thing is impossible that I did. And I have a handful of other slips with worse 60s everyone trapping high 107s and one run i missed 2nd and still trapped 106. Tell me if I was spraying why would i waste it on a run where I missed my first shift?
Go to the chart, look at YellowGC time and compare your incrementals, they are very close and he was running a 75 shot, I also have some passes that are near identical incrementals to yours....Bad 60', similar mods and a 75 shot. I posted a couple slips for comparison..... Maybe there was a timing malfunction, that or your car has about 75 more hp than ours....
Pretty sure you understand my questioning your slip, when the numbers don't add up, it's time to question everything.....

·
Striped Genny
1,018 Posts
It must be the Hurst T-handle:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes sir 3.8 rspec 6 speed sorry for the shotty picture took it with my camera phone.
r/t .799
60ft 2.260
330 5.955
1/8th 8.872
mph 84.34
1000 11.378
1/4 13.480
mph 108.35

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go to the chart, look at YellowGC time and compare your incrementals, they are very close and he was running a 75 shot, I also have some passes that are near identical incrementals to yours....Bad 60', similar mods and a 75 shot. I posted a couple slips for comparison..... Maybe there was a timing malfunction, that or your car has about 75 more hp than ours....
Pretty sure you understand my questioning your slip, when the numbers don't add up, it's time to question everything.....

Look I'm not going to argue this any more. I have 6 more slips trapping high 107s with slower times to back up the fact that there was no malfunction. On top of that my Friend ran his 350z consistently trapping 102 no malfunction sorry. Where are you located you want to come completely go over my car be my guest or have some one else do it i don't care. If there is someone near 609 nj that wants to go over my car to vouch for me i would appreciate it. This car is not spraying! Or obviously not boosted. Instead of picking and picking at what my car is capable of with out the assistance of spray you should be happy to see our platform performing well. I put a bid on some drag radials so ill post how the car does once I make my next trek to atco. And I'm sure i will be flamed for those results too. I my self would question this if I didn't witness first hand. But since It did I take offense to pretty much being called a liar.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Look I'm not going to argue this any more. I have 6 more slips trapping high 107s with slower times to back up the fact that there was no malfunction. On top of that my Friend ran his 350z consistently trapping 102 no malfunction sorry. Where are you located you want to come completely go over my car be my guest or have some one else do it i don't care. If there is someone near 609 nj that wants to go over my car to vouch for me i would appreciate it. This car is not spraying! Or obviously not boosted. Instead of picking and picking at what my car is capable of with out the assistance of spray you should be happy to see our platform performing well. I put a bid on some drag radials so ill post how the car does once I make my next trek to atco. And I'm sure i will be flamed for those results too. I my self would question this if I didn't witness first hand. But since It did I take offense to pretty much being called a liar.
Is Atco known to be a "fast" track? When's the next time your going down? I just got my wotbox on and kinda want to go. Only ever been to Island Dragway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some people don't like atco some do.. Said to be on an incline but I don't know how true that is. I would personally say its average seeing as most cars run what they should. I personally like it because its close to home . Anyhow Not too sure on the next time I'm heading there trying to wait until i get radials and really want a wot box on top of that to really nail my launch.

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Somewhere you got the impression that I'm questioning your trap speed, I am not.... 108 on a tuned coupe is possible with ideal conditions.....

To repeat myself, 13.4 in the quarter is possible with your mod list, 13.4 with a 2.26 60' is impossible in a GC with your minimal mod List..... With proper traction it would have been 12.8-12.9 in the quarter. It's not possible with your modlist..... why not post some other slips, by any chance are they mostly 13.9-14.0 passes????

·
Registered
43 Posts
2 13.9s both with mid 2.5 60 fts
13.8 2.326 60ft crappy shifts
2 13.6 both with high 2.3 60 fts
Heres my theory....Your prob in an auto track model and so is the car in the slips you showed me. More drive train loss and ~ 100 lbs more than my r spec. Add the fact that I am another ~ 100 lbs lighter due to additional weight reduction and I'm flat foot shifting and I have a different tune than you(BTRcc which really made the car come to life). Im shooting for 12 anything in this car but getting out of hole hard is this cars biggest weakness.. God I miss awd. If you dont believe me about those times ill take pics of the slips.

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
2 13.9s both with mid 2.5 60 fts
13.8 2.326 60ft crappy shifts
2 13.6 both with high 2.3 60 fts
Heres my theory....Your prob in an auto track model and so is the car in the slips you showed me. More drive train loss and ~ 100 lbs more than my r spec. Add the fact that I am another ~ 100 lbs lighter due to additional weight reduction and I'm flat foot shifting and I have a different tune than you(BTRcc which really made the car come to life). Im shooting for 12 anything in this car but getting out of hole hard is this cars biggest weakness.. God I miss awd. If you dont believe me about those times ill take pics of the slips.
Automatic, yes. Track, no. I am also running ~100 pounds lighter than stock, plus running less rotating mass than your Rspec. Yes the AT transfers less power to the wheels than an MT, but is still quicker.... As for tunes, one ain't no better than another, your looking at maybe a 5hp difference.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only reason an auto would be quicker in this platform or pretty much any one is they are easier to get out of the hole and have better gearing in stock form. With a good driver though I personally feel a manual has a better shot at that one awesome run with some not so great ones on the GCs where you can run the same time if not close to pretty easily in an auto. And as for me being nothing but motor, I'm sorry but I am, no power adders here. We can go back and forth for ever on this with no one coming out on top until i have some one to verify this fact for me. And its getting really stale for me at this point.

461 - 480 of 913 Posts