Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

901 - 914 of 914 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,658 Posts
Basicly stock 16 3.8 ultimate, SFR canned tune, 275/40/17 radials. 60 ft times suck. 2.0 no matter what I do.
Drag radials and many hardcore mods are the key but you run a risk of breaking things.Practice .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah all in do time. Getting ready to drive to PA for a dyno tune at SGT. Then all that's left is tossing a coin between supercharged or turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran my automatic 2012 coupe 2.0T a few weeks after I got her for my first time ever going down a strip. Completely bone stock and got about 16 seconds. This was a month or so ago so I forget the exact number but I know it was almost 16 seconds flat
Really want to raise my 210hp up to around 350/400 before next year when I go

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys, anyone go to Cecil county dragway? I worked there for a few years back on Friday grudge match and Saturday test and tune. I use to have a 1994 z28 with procharger SC amongst many other things.
I ran my 2013 3.8 track a few months ago when i first bought it. Wasn't use to launching or what mode to go in. I finally settled on just sport mode with the car shifting on its on. Although i don't have the tickets still, I do remember some of what I ran. First run was 14.2 and I used the paddles (bad idea) that were slow to respond. I ran a few 13. 7 and 8's before my best time (sport mode) of 13.67 at I think was 104 ish? Don't hold me to that exactly. I didn't launch with a high rpm either.

What do you guys try to launch the car at? CCD is a good fast track. With some more time and practice I'm thinking I could get 13.5 ish?
Trying to decide on exhaust. I want more deeper sound but not much more loudness. Definitely don't want drone.
Merry Christmas guys.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok so i dug out the ticket from the dragstrip. My memory wasn't to far off, I said 13.67 @104

R/T: 1.295
60' : 2.184
330': 5.91
1/8: 8.895
Mph: 82.96
1000': 11.436

1/4:. 13.571
Mph: 105.71

I was next to a pro street guy and wanted him to go ahead of me so I could hear my car. This the slow reaction time. Friday night doesn't matter how long you sit after the green light, time only starts when you move. Maybe most of you knew, maybe some didn't!

My car is stock and may or may not have a tune...I'm not sure. Only think I put on is a K&N drop on but this was after this run.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When my car was bone stock:

R/T: 0.127
60: 2.233
330: 6.178
1/8: 9.339
MPH: 79.81
1000: 12.046

1/4: 14.311
MPH: 99.87

This was over 2 years ago, but I remember being pretty disappointed at the time. I can’t remember if I had traction issues, but I do remember my second pass I was spinning halfway down the track. Ran a 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
My first few runs were awful. Just bought the car and wasn't use to the best way to go about it. Eventually just settled on sport mode and let the car work it!

First few runs were all over the place low 14s to high and mid 13s. Above was my best and last run of the night. Didn't launch hard,, maybe I will launch better this summer. Fortunately for me I only live about 8 mins or so from the strip.

·
Registered
48 Posts
First few runs were all over the place low 14s to high and mid 13s. Above was my best and last run of the night. Didn't launch hard,, maybe I will launch better this summer. Fortunately for me I only live about 8 mins or so from the strip.
I’m about 15 from the strip, but don’t go very often. I’m interested to see what my car will run now after some mods. I’d like to get a tune before I go again tho. I’m gonna be pissed if I don’t break out of the 14s lol. I did a 20 roll with a turbo 3.8 a few months ago and was neck and neck the whole way. So I’m hoping that’ll translate to a respectable 1/4 mile. You mentioned Cecil, are you in MD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
shorttrack
1,658 Posts
Get your 60 foot down below 1.80's is the key .3.91:1 or better yet , 4.18:1 gears goes a long way .As typed about : 4th diff rear mount . Shifter bushings ,engine torque damper,stiffer tranny cross member and R888r Proxes,RE71r Potenza or any "sticky drag radial " type tire .These Gen Coupes can run OK but most just are not willing to spend what is needed to get good ET's .

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes I'm in MD, North East to be exact. Although the dragway is listed as Rising sun it's really in northeast.they list as Rising sun because it goes by who delivers the mail there.

From what I read, 2013 A8 already have the 4.91 gears.

Mines stock, I'm looking into a exhaust and tune for the ecu and tcu. SFR is about 1 hr 20 minutes from me. He's in Springfield PA. BTR would be a mail in canned tune. I think I may get dyno tuned.
Dunno yet. Going to Italy in 4 months so I may wait till I get back.

·
shorttrack
1,658 Posts
Yes I'm in MD, North East to be exact. Although the dragway is listed as Rising sun it's really in northeast.they list as Rising sun because it goes by who delivers the mail there.

From what I read, 2013 A8 already have the 4.91 gears.

Mines stock, I'm looking into a exhaust and tune for the ecu and tcu. SFR is about 1 hr 20 minutes from me. He's in Springfield PA. BTR would be a mail in canned tune. I think I may get dyno tuned.
Dunno yet. Going to Italy in 4 months so I may wait till I get back.
Auto second Gen have 4.181:1 ring and pinion gear set, not 4.91 .The first gen auto's have 3.919:1 ring and pinion gear set .

·
shorttrack
1,658 Posts
If you have a first gen auto with 3.919: ring and pinion you would do much better to install the second gen 4.181: ring and pinion gear set .

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mines 2nd gen bk2. You aren't the guy with the white coupe? I was at your house dropping off pizza to?

901 - 914 of 914 Posts