Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
We have Sunoco 94 here in Ontario. Most of the cars at the Toronto group buy this past summer went for the 94 tune. I just went and got the car out of storage today. Been anticipating this day for a while
We have the Petro Canada Super Clean 94 here in Montreal. By putting the 94 Octane fuel in my 2.0T, do i need to tweak or tune anything on the car and is there a world of difference between the 87-91 and 94 octanes that I will see or feel?

Regards!

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
We have the Petro Canada Super Clean 94 here in Montreal. By putting the 94 Octane fuel in my 2.0T, do i need to tweak or tune anything on the car and is there a world of difference between the 87-91 and 94 octanes that I will see or feel?

Regards!

if your car is stock, by going from 89 to 91 you will gain 13HP at the crank(torque wont change), you wont gain anything going higher than 91.

In stock form you cant take advantage of anything higher than 91, save your pennies.

·
Registered
53 Posts
if your car is stock, by going from 89 to 91 you will gain 13HP at the crank(torque wont change), you wont gain anything going higher than 91.

In stock form you cant take advantage of anything higher than 91, save your pennies.
The car has an AEM cold air intake installed at the moment. Any use for the 94 now? I am looking to get an exhaust done on it as well...would love to hear any suggestions that you might have.

Regards

·
Lead Foot
1,157 Posts
only intake/full exhaust/ECU reflash

i'd like to see that video and the honda that blew its motor at the line lol ... i didnt even realize he wasn't making his way down the track until i passed the trap lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
saw the list of mods on your first post. when you first msg'd me a few months ago i thought you were one of my buddys messing with me, s'why i never got back to you.

i'd be interested in setting up an SAFC on a gen to see what we could tune out of it (maybe w/ some 104 oct) but i have no interest in splicing my harness. i have the safc2 though if you're ever interested and would be willing to do the install/tune.

you do any weight redux too? got a scangauge or odb logger or wideband?

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
The car has an AEM cold air intake installed at the moment. Any use for the 94 now? I am looking to get an exhaust done on it as well...would love to hear any suggestions that you might have.

Regards
naah. intake or exhaust wont require increased octane.

higher the octane = higher resistance to detonation.

aggressive boost and timing needs higher octane.

Stick with 91 unless you are tuned for higher

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
don't know if this is accurate but i did a few runs on a flat road with the gtech pro RR and managed to make [email protected] on my 2.0t .. only thing changed is actuator adjustment and intake silencer delete..

i tried both ways to make sure and times were consistent and the ground was flat .. the best time i got was [email protected]

·
Registered
286 Posts
don't know if this is accurate but i did a few runs on a flat road with the gtech pro RR and managed to make [email protected] on my 2.0t .. only thing changed is actuator adjustment and intake silencer delete..<br>
<br>
i tried both ways to make sure and times were consistent and the ground was flat .. the best time i got was [email protected]
To be honest, I wouldn't trust the accuracy of a G-tech, heard those are very hard to calibrate correctly. There's no way a near stock 2.0T is trapping around 97 mph, more like 92-93 mph. For E/T, probably 14.9-15.2 depending on you.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
To be honest, I wouldn't trust the accuracy of a G-tech, heard those are very hard to calibrate correctly. There's no way a near stock 2.0T is trapping around 97 mph, more like 92-93 mph. For E/T, probably 14.9-15.2 depending on you.
i got a consistent [email protected] in a stock srt4 today with the g-tech .. seems to be fairly accurate ..
it's not the old model g-tech is't the g-tech pro RR
and calibration is quite easy to do..

·
Banned
965 Posts
Can you PLEASE add reaction time to the sheet? That does sort of make a difference

awesome idea btw thanks for doing this!

EDIT: saw theres links to slips on the side

VTom had an impressive run for just I/E/cat deletes, minus the slow reaction time
No, it does not effect the 1/4 mile time.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
I got a 13.91 sec 1/4mile using my pocket dyno app. So it might be faster. This was with wheel spin :p

So its not official lol

EDIT: This is on 90 oct gas, since the only other grade gas higher is race gas up here :p. With a rich tune. Dyno still broken.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i got a consistent [email protected] in a stock srt4 today with the g-tech .. seems to be fairly accurate ..<br>
it's not the old model g-tech is't the g-tech pro RR<br>
and calibration is quite easy to do..
Well there ya go. SRT4's don't trap 104 stock, so it seems that the G-tech exaggerates trap speed a bit.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
X2. You could sit and eat lunch before launching and still get the same time.

<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>3Point8</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">Can you PLEASE add reaction time to the sheet? That does sort of make a difference<br>
<br>
awesome idea btw thanks for doing this!<br>
<br>
<br>
EDIT: saw theres links to slips on the side<br>
<br>
VTom had an impressive run for just I/E/cat deletes, minus the slow reaction time</div>
</div>No, it does not effect the 1/4 mile time.

81 - 100 of 913 Posts