Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 903 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
oopsss... I didnt mean stock tuned I meant stock "settings" with bolt ons!

well, last year I ran on what seemed to be the hottest humid day, lol. I just had the 3" downpipe at the time. I ran a series of bad runs, 14.2 was my best. my worst was 14.9 when I missed 3rd gear :/

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
need more slips - all talk no slips doesn't get you on the list!
He's runnin a cobalt.......... who cares what it ran

·
Registered
413 Posts
First run
Circuit Icar
Montreal Racing Jul 02 2010 at 20:21:23 pm
Genesis 3.8GT auto
CAI AEM
Car 44
Reaction 0.717
Vehicle RT 0.717
60 ft 2.107
MID MPH 78.53
660 9.013
MPH 99.77
ET 13.937

Second run
Circuit Icar
Montreal Racing Jul 02 2010 at 20:26:23 pm
Genesis 3.8GT auto
CAI AEM
Car 44
Reaction 0.725
Vehicle RT 0.725
60 ft 2.121
MID MPH 78.40
660 9.057
MPH 100.22
ET 13.982

Very happy with times :) . Time slips avalable .

·
Registered
286 Posts
After seeing all these near stock 3.8 slushboxes running very low 14's/very high 13's, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.:) Can't say the same for the 6MT's though...:hsugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stock, 2010 Gen Coupe AT
13.73 @ 101.97

Will be back out aiming for 13.5X with a better 60ft

hmm not letting me post my time slips in this thread but did in other so, i guess search for my posts if you want to see time slip

·
Registered
59 Posts
After seeing all these near stock 3.8 slushboxes running very low 14's/very high 13's, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.:) Can't say the same for the 6MT's though...:hsugh:
I'm pretty surprised with the performance capabilities of the ZF tranny. I would expect this from a dual clutch automated tranny but not a torque converter type one. With the amount of aftermarket support currently available for the V6 and with how much torque the ZF is capable of holding, I don't really see the positives of owning an MT for the v6 coupe, other than to be "connected" and in more control of the car.
Stock, 2010 Gen Coupe AT
13.73 @ 101.97

Will be back out aiming for 13.5X with a better 60ft

hmm not letting me post my time slips in this thread but did in other so, i guess search for my posts if you want to see time slip
With times like that, you are now entering stock Evo territory which I never expected the Gen coupe to get to STOCK, and with an auto??? :woah:

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's why I can't stand all the Evo fanboys talking about how amazing it is and how it'll destroy a GC in acceleration. All that hype just spreads ignorance.

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
Manual tranny is fine. Did a 14.2 on my first pass ever at a strip, give me another couple trips out there i'm sure I can break into the 13's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's why I can't stand all the Evo fanboys talking about how amazing it is and how it'll destroy a GC in acceleration. All that hype just spreads ignorance.
In terms of 1/4 miles, yeah, the Genesis (ZF) puts down reasonable numbers comparable to a stock Evo X, not so sure about the IX though. However the Evo IX or X still outmatches the Genesis in terms of 0-60 according to popular auto magazine reviewers. Gotta love that AWD.

I'm sure there are people who have hit high 13s STOCK with the manual gearbox, I'll start singling those people out, but there are even more who have said they will get 13s and have yet to deliver. I have faith for them though, and for the Genesis.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
If its tuned, it aint stock :p

Lol, let us know how ya do.

forgive the crappy blackberry video but heres my run. Stats are in the info box below video on the youtube site.. I beat the stage 2 Cobb tuned wrx in the first run, but lost the 2nd match against him.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
He's runnin a cobalt.......... who cares what it ran
I actually meant all the people posting numbers and no slips :p

I want to make sure everything is 100% legit with a time slip and if someone wants to call it (stealing a slip or time from another car) then we can proceed with a judicial committee :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
I actually meant all the people posting numbers and no slips :p

I want to make sure everything is 100% legit with a time slip and if someone wants to call it (stealing a slip or time from another car) then we can proceed with a judicial committee :D
Satisfied :p

Car 45 is a 2010 Lancer Rally Art. ( my sons) stock.

·
Registered
382 Posts
^^ Horrible 60' on the the race tho lol..that thing definitely has potential.
oops again! That should have said 2.385 60' 3.85 was retardedly slow, lol.

121 - 140 of 903 Posts