Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 320 of 6305 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
what you guys think of these
rear is 19 by 10 and offset +22
rear 19 by 8.5 offset +22
they are called lenso wheels made in thailand and they have some good wheels and high quality
price =820 $ for a set of four wheels
They look exactly like Tenzo Type M Version 1 wheels. I wouldn't exactly call them "high quality" for $820. That's a good price for some good looking wheels though.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Sucks that an 11 won't fit back there. What about with rolled fenders?

·
Registered
84 Posts
What do you think of Torques Front 18x8.5 +25 Rear 18x9.5 +20
I was thinking the with +20 in the rear I might need to run some camber to fit the fender.

Don't have my car dropped yet, but probably in the future that would probably help too.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Sucks that an 11 won't fit back there. What about with rolled fenders?
We have rolled fenders stock. I think you meant pulled fenders. If you pull em, you can fit pretty much whatever you want.

What do you think of Torques Front 18x8.5 +25 Rear 18x9.5 +20
I was thinking the with +20 in the rear I might need to run some camber to fit the fender.

Don't have my car dropped yet, but probably in the future that would probably help too.
You'll be ok. You could even drop to +15 in the front for 8.5. Any tire sizes in mind?

·
Registered
84 Posts
We have rolled fenders stock. I think you meant pulled fenders. If you pull em, you can fit pretty much whatever you want.

You'll be ok. You could even drop to +15 in the front for 8.5. Any tire sizes in mind?
I was thinking of reusing the current back on the front and getting 275/40 for the back

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts

I can't speak for beans . .I say one thing and mean another. :dunno: I'm tempted to pull em but not sure if I trust someone enough to do this. Apparently it's fairly simple to do for someone who has done them before. I have seen some serious botched jobs. Thanks Slider.

I was thinking of reusing the current back on the front and getting 275/40 for the back
We have a official genesis coupe wheel thread . . .someone should start the offical tire thread. What sizes they are running front and back and make of tires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Will this flush? I'm new to modding...
I'll be using stock tires because is a new car :D

Front: Advan RS Wheel 18x8.5 5x114.3 +31mm offset (recommend tire size please)
Rear: Advan RS Wheel 18x9 5x114.3 +22mm offset (recommend tire size please)

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I'll be using stock tires because is a new car :D

Front could maybe use a spacer . . .+31 isn't great especially if you plan on dropping the car. Rear should be ok although my personal preference would have been to go with a larger rear wheel. 9.5 minimum but 10.5 would be really nice.

Tires: 235 fron and 265 rear? Depends on if you also want a strectehd look or not.

·
Registered
680 Posts

No this will not be flush. Check out a lot of the other posts in this thread, most of these wheel sizes have already been discussed.

an 8.5 width wheel in the front will need at least a +22 to be flush. Or a +17 to be HELLAFLUSH. tire size would be 245/40or35/18

a 9.0 width wheel in the rear would need at least +15 to be flush.. maybe even lower..

a word on tire sizes.. once you have the wheel, its very easy to find recommended tire sizes based on what wheel width you are using. Tirerack, in particular, has a lot of this data.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No this will not be flush. Check out a lot of the other posts in this thread, most of these wheel sizes have already been discussed.

an 8.5 width wheel in the front will need at least a +22 to be flush. Or a +17 to be HELLAFLUSH. tire size would be 245/40or35/18

a 9.0 width wheel in the rear would need at least +15 to be flush.. maybe even lower..

a word on tire sizes.. once you have the wheel, its very easy to find recommended tire sizes based on what wheel width you are using. Tirerack, in particular, has a lot of this data.
I like the Advan on GC alot but in vividracing.com only offers this sizes...
I'm planning to change the coilover and I'm gonna use the stock tires any advice?
I want it to look flusher then stock, considering Shanghai roads are not so good and bumpy

·
Registered
680 Posts
I like the Advan on GC alot but in vividracing.com only offers this sizes...
I'm planning to change the coilover and I'm gonna use the stock tires any advice?
I want it to look flusher then stock, considering Shanghai roads are not so good and bumpy
I just looked on vivid racing's site, and you can get different offsets if you change the tire widths you were looking at a little bit.

While the 18x8.5 will only go down to a +30something offset, IF you trade up to an 18x9.0 for the front, you can get a +22 offset. that would be quite flush. Also if you switch up to a 18x10 in the back, you can get a +25 offset. Again, that would be pretty flush. using your same stock tires would be a bit stretched on the above described wheels, but if your not tracking the car, this would be fine.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Just got my custom wheels and tires in from AXIS. I'll put them on this weekend and upload some pics. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just looked on vivid racing's site, and you can get different offsets if you change the tire widths you were looking at a little bit.

While the 18x8.5 will only go down to a +30something offset, IF you trade up to an 18x9.0 for the front, you can get a +22 offset. that would be quite flush. Also if you switch up to a 18x10 in the back, you can get a +25 offset. Again, that would be pretty flush. using your same stock tires would be a bit stretched on the above described wheels, but if your not tracking the car, this would be fine.
If I do want to go tracking I will need other setup? Oh well can you give me an advice on tracking setup then plus a little flush? Thank you so much man!

·
Registered
680 Posts
If I do want to go tracking I will need other setup? Oh well can you give me an advice on tracking setup then plus a little flush? Thank you so much man!
Well you won't need an entirely new setup. The key point to make is that running a tire super-stretched is NOT good for tracking.

example. your stock rear tire is a 245/40/18, right? now you step up to a 10 inch wide wheel. if your using the same stock rear tire, this is going to STRETCH the tire over the much wider wheel. this setup is not good for tracking. Instead you'd want to run a wider tire to match your wider wheel, something like a 265 or 275/35/18. make sense?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well you won't need an entirely new setup. The key point to make is that running a tire super-stretched is NOT good for tracking.

example. your stock rear tire is a 245/40/18, right? now you step up to a 10 inch wide wheel. if your using the same stock rear tire, this is going to STRETCH the tire over the much wider wheel. this setup is not good for tracking. Instead you'd want to run a wider tire to match your wider wheel, something like a 265 or 275/35/18. make sense?
Got it! thank you so much!

301 - 320 of 6305 Posts