Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
361 - 380 of 6,364 Posts
Post install / alignment: 2.2*(F) / 2.5*(R)

After it settled,... ~2.4* (F) / 2.6* (R) .... IIRC

Can someone tell me if these tires will fit the wheels and if the wheels would look flush with the fender. If I need spacers, what size and for front or back wheels.

Wheels:
Front: 18x8.5 +30 225/40/ZR18
Rear: 18x10 +25 275/40/ZR18

Rears are ok,.. fronts will not be flush, I'd run 245's up front (or minimally 235's) and get a 15mm bolt on hubcentric spacer (like the ones from SuperDrift)

or get a lower offset for the front rims (I'd suggest +17)

Need some info on camber, I might drive it on track and aggressive as well from time to time

This is the spec I'm planning to get 18x9 +22 offset front 245/40/18 rear 265/40/18

^ +1!
my sentiments exactly...

speaking of... Slider when you gonna post pics of those volks with 285 rubber on your car.. I get on here everyday looking for that specific post from you... :)

Need some info on camber, I might drive it on track and aggressive as well from time to time

This is the spec I'm planning to get 18x9 +22 offset front 245/40/18 rear 265/40/18
IMO, This is all gonna be about how you drive and what you like as far as how it feels.... I'd recommend starting with "at least" -2* up front, and -1.5* in back

I'd start there and work with it.

NICE!

just a side note: when/if you lower your GC, you will likely need to adjust your camber settings as the suspension will "naturally" negative camber (particularly in the rear - with my setup, we didn't even adjust the settings, it just went to -2.6* camber on it's own when I lowered the car) and then it won't be as flush as you have it now.

Hey all. I'm planning to save up for some 19" RPF1's, +22 all around, 8.5" front & 9.5" back to replace my stock 18's, and possibly a 1-inch drop also but not at the same time (gotta save for coilovers). Not looking to have anything more than a subtle change from the stock camber settings, either. Would I have a problem with that considering this setup?

Not sure about what tires to get as I don't understand any of the ratings that you find on tires lol. Anyone have any recommendations on that?

Hey all. I'm planning to save up for some 19" RPF1's, +22 all around, 8.5" front & 9.5" back to replace my stock 18's, and possibly a 1-inch drop also but not at the same time (gotta save for coilovers). Not looking to have anything more than a subtle change from the stock camber settings, either. Would I have a problem with that considering this setup?

Not sure about what tires to get as I don't understand any of the ratings that you find on tires lol. Anyone have any recommendations on that?
If your not dropping the car, camber isnt really going to change much. As far as tire selection goes, I would go with 245/35/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the back. this will provide a very NOT stretched look.. so if your cool with that, then these will be good tire sizes for you.

The first number such as 245 means that the tire tread is 245mm wide, so the first number is width.

The second number means the thickness of the sidewall in a percentage number. So, a 45 would mean the sidewall is 45% the width of the tire. This means a sidewall can be taller on a 315/45/18 than a 215/50/18 since 45% of 315 is higher than 50% of 215.

The last number is the rim size.

If your not dropping the car, camber isnt really going to change much. As far as tire selection goes, I would go with 245/35/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the back. this will provide a very NOT stretched look.. so if your cool with that, then these will be good tire sizes for you.
Yea I'm not really into the stretched look. Thanks for the suggestion!

The first number such as 245 means that the tire tread is 245mm wide, so the first number is width.

The second number means the thickness of the sidewall in a percentage number. So, a 45 would mean the sidewall is 45% the width of the tire. This means a sidewall can be taller on a 315/45/18 than a 215/50/18 since 45% of 315 is higher than 50% of 215.

The last number is the rim size.
Thanks for clearing that up, Andrew.

NICE!

just a side note: when/if you lower your GC, you will likely need to adjust your camber settings as the suspension will "naturally" negative camber (particularly in the rear - with my setup, we didn't even adjust the settings, it just went to -2.6* camber on it's own when I lowered the car) and then it won't be as flush as you have it now.
The rears yes since it's multilink, but not the front which is a McStrut.

I'm thinking of going with a similar setup to Grimmspeeds, but in 19X8.5 +17 and 19X10 +22

I just don't comprehend a whole lot (just yet) about the tire matching so idk what tires to get. I really don't want a stretched look, I like a little bit of lip protection from my tires

So on a poor students budget i think im gonna settle for some XXR 518s and powder them matte black,

they come in 19 x 8.5

so does that mean i could put the stock tires on for now? 245/40/19 and 225/40/19 i believe???

So many of the wheel sites have fitment by vehicle and the GC usually shows up with +34 offset. It looks like most of the 350Z have +22 offset with similar sizes. Does the Z fit similar wheels? I'm just wondering if that would be an easier way to find wheels for the GC.

So many of the wheel sites have fitment by vehicle and the GC usually shows up with +34 offset. It looks like most of the 350Z have +22 offset with similar sizes. Does the Z fit similar wheels? I'm just wondering if that would be an easier way to find wheels for the GC.
That's usually what I do . . .

361 - 380 of 6,364 Posts