Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

381 - 400 of 6305 Posts

·
2.0T Track Owner
140 Posts
agreed. I look at what the 350Z's and G35's are doing alot... they are able to run a bit wider and/or a bit lower offset (going as far as +/- 0mm offset and even further with some fender mods) than we can, but basically, if you see it on a "moderately flushed" Z/G, it'll look good on the GC.

Just my take on it,...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Issue with G35/350Z is that their center bore is 66mm. So becareful when buying 350z/g35 wheels. The Gen Coupe uses a 67mm bore.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Issue with G35/350Z is that their center bore is 66mm. So becareful when buying 350z/g35 wheels. The Gen Coupe uses a 67mm bore.
From what i have heard the difference isn't enough to make a difference . . . I could be wrong but that's what i have been told.

·
Registered
210 Posts
From what i have heard the difference isn't enough to make a difference . . . I could be wrong but that's what i have been told.
I'm actually trying to source a set of the G35 19" rays rim right now. My plan is to actually get it rebored to 67mm since I'll be using them as race rims. Before I do that, i'll see if there's an issue, but it probably won't be until next month I'm thinking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does someone tryed to fit some RPF1 in 18X9.5 + 15 and 18X10.5 + 15? id put some 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. would that fit? would i have to roll fenders? its gonna be my daily drive so i dont want em to rub or something else but i want em as flush as it could without too much camber (i'd like 2° max)

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Does someone tryed to fit some RPF1 in 18X9.5 + 15 and 18X10.5 + 15? id put some 245/40 front and 275/35 rear. would that fit? would i have to roll fenders? its gonna be my daily drive so i dont want em to rub or something else but i want em as flush as it could without too much camber (i'd like 2° max)
Won't fit, tires are too big in the rear. Just go with smaller rear tires or a higher offset. Also, look at page 1.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i really want em 18"...and would like to have the lowest offset with less than 2° camber and without spacers. the next offset for rear wheels is +38 wich is pretty high and alot less concave...what can i do?

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those are pretty expensive. I really like that look though. Do you think those are 18's on that Z? Haven't found much in the way of low offset on those.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have literally read every post on every page and am still confused. LOL It seems lost people on here love the wheels sticking out with tires that are too small for thier rims, which is cool and all, but not my style. I am looking at a set of wheels for my wifes coupe and here is the set up. Any suggestions would help greatly.

Front - 20x8.5 with either a +24 or +40 with a Nitto 555 in 245/30-20
Rear - 20x10 with either a +24 or +40 with a Nitto 555 in a 285/30-20

I know the tires are right for the look i want but not sure on the offsets. I think the +40 is set in way too far, but is the +24 on both front and rear ok? I do NOT want them to rub even once its lowered and in a hard corner. Thats my main thing, NO RUBBING!!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
680 Posts
^ +24 will be fine.. I'm just not sure on the 20" thing... any reasons why your not getting 19s???

this is the wifey's car after all.... I would get 19s.. :dunno:

·
2.0T Track Owner
140 Posts
I have literally read every post on every page and am still confused. LOL It seems lost people on here love the wheels sticking out with tires that are too small for thier rims, which is cool and all, but not my style. I am looking at a set of wheels for my wifes coupe and here is the set up. Any suggestions would help greatly.

Front - 20x8.5 with either a +24 or +40 with a Nitto 555 in 245/30-20
Rear - 20x10 with either a +24 or +40 with a Nitto 555 in a 285/30-20

I know the tires are right for the look i want but not sure on the offsets. I think the +40 is set in way too far, but is the +24 on both front and rear ok? I do NOT want them to rub even once its lowered and in a hard corner. Thats my main thing, NO RUBBING!!

Thanks guys!
Based on the tire calculator/comparer,.. your fronts will be 3mm SHORTER and the rears will be 3mm TALLER (diameter) than the stock 18"s

If you're not lowering the car, you'll be fine. if you lower the car, the rears will likely rub on the part where the rear bumper cover meets the sheet metal fender. due to the wider width and offset difference.

Either way the fronts will be fine,...

I've run 245/40-18 on a 18x8.5 +25mm and it was almost flush at stock ride height ...

381 - 400 of 6305 Posts