401 - 420 of 6309 Posts

·
F19x9ET-10 R19x10ET-20
1,290 Posts
^agreed!!!!

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
I'm a noob when it comes to wheels and tires, from reading this thread I don't think I want to mess with spacers. If I'm more concerned with performance than looks, I want to corner hard and fast, and reduce rear wheel slip when accelerating quickly. What's my best option?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm a noob when it comes to wheels and tires, from reading this thread I don't think I want to mess with spacers. If I'm more concerned with performance than looks, I want to corner hard and fast, and reduce rear wheel slip when accelerating quickly. What's my best option?
#1 Get better tires
#2 Get the lightest wheels you can get
#3 Get the lightest wheel with lowest offset. (Do not use spacers unless you use extended studs.

What this means is get 17" with the extreme summer performance tires. Or just go with R-Comps.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You want the hella flush look? or do you care?

also i read your sig man.. you should tell the wifey if she doesn't want to learn to drive stick, then she doesn't have to drive the car :p haha
tell her how it is! this is your stick we're talking about.. don't give it up for a mangina, err i mean a automatic ;) without a fight!

·
Registered
680 Posts
#1 Get better tires
#2 Get the lightest wheels you can get
#3 Get the lightest wheel with lowest offset. (Do not use spacers unless you use extended studs.

What this means is get 17" with the extreme summer performance tires. Or just go with R-Comps.
careful with the 17s.. looks like he is planning on getting a Track edition. Not many 17s will have clearance for the Brembo brake calipers. Also just because he said he is more concerned with performance doesn't mean he wants to turn his car into an eyesore.. 17s would look pretty silly on a gencoupe imo. :dunno: 18s is prolly a very safe bet though.

other than that i completely agree with the weights and tires point :point:

·
Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,501 Posts
You want the hella flush look? or do you care?

also i read your sig man.. you should tell the wifey if she doesn't want to learn to drive stick, then she doesn't have to drive the car :p haha
tell her how it is! this is your stick we're talking about.. don't give it up for a mangina, err i mean a automatic ;) without a fight!
The flush look is nice, but it's a tertiary concern after performance, and not rubbing/damaging the car.

Does anyone know what the widest width I can get front and back without spacer's or rubbing?

·
Registered
680 Posts
The flush look is nice, but it's a tertiary concern after performance, and not rubbing/damaging the car.

Does anyone know what the widest width I can get front and back without spacer's or rubbing?
9.5 in the front and 10.5 in the back is the widest. depending on offset and on how much you drop the car and the tire size though, you may rub..

also, 245 tires in the front seems to be the sweet spot before the steering starts to get a little heavy. 245s fit best on a 8.5 inch wheel.. sooo. I'd recommend 18x8.5 (F) and 18x9.5-10 in the rear. offsets should be in the low 20s. remember the bigger the wheel the more it weighs...

Not every wheel is made in every size and every offset.. so i'd use these recommendations as guidelines and go out and find a wheel you like in sizes and offsets that come close to what is stated above.

·
F19x9ET-10 R19x10ET-20
1,290 Posts
^+1 very well put!

·
Registered
680 Posts
^hahaha :shrug: ah well you know... just was bored out of my mind on a conference call "helping" troubleshoot an issue that wasn't really related to me.. so figured i'd reply to a thread or two ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
So the rear will rub with the +24mm when we lower it? THats what i'm trying to avoid. The next option on the wheel is a +40 which looks like it will be wrong.

And to answer the questios about 20's, thats what every Genesis at SEMA had on it and they looked perfect for the size of the car, etc.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
18x8.5 +30 offset F and R
or
18x8.5 +30 F
18x10 +25 R

Rims are XXR TYPE 521

would 18x9.5 +25 work for the rears?
and 18x8.5 +30 for the fronts?

this staggered look is so new to me :(

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just got these on yesterday. iPhone pics for now, better pics when I can find someone with a great camera to shoot it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks like the new ones RRM came out with a while back.

·
2.0T Track Owner
140 Posts
Nice pix Alika86!!!! can't wait to see those in person!

·
Registered
589 Posts
RR0207 wheels from RRM
f 19x8.5 +15 245/35/19
r 19x9.5 +20 275/35/19

falken fk452 tires

Bc racing br coilovers

·
Registered
788 Posts
RR0207 wheels from RRM
f 19x8.5 +15 245/35/19
r 19x9.5 +20 275/35/19

falken fk452 tires

Bc racing br coilovers
Those wheels look pretty good. I was thinking about getting those when I saw them, but I had to see them on a GC. Now that I have seen them mounted, I probably would have gotten them if I didn't already buy some wheels.

401 - 420 of 6309 Posts