Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
6241 - 6260 of 6354 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can’t stomach either. Hybrids and electrics that scream at you that they are hybrids and electrics are pretty hideous, for the most part.

I don’t include models that look exactly like their petrol counterparts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah.

1 thing Tesla did right was the exterior. 1 thing the failed horribly at is the interior gauge cluster/dash. I don't want to deal with a giant Ipad in a car.

Hell; I LIKE the Rspec radio. I don't like nav/touch screens/etc in cars. Just screams "here's 1000+$ replacements in a year".

I think with Ford partnering with Volkswagen we'll see some good electrics that are real cars and not a tech demo.

edit: not to mention those awesome audi e trons.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ace Alloy Devotion
19x8.5 +20F / 19x10 +25R
245/35, 275/35

Couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. Thanks to all who shared their wisdom in this thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ace Alloy Devotion
19x8.5 +20F / 19x10 +25R
245/35, 275/35
I see that you are also in Central Florida... Where did you get those wheels from and how did you know what offset you needed to get the flush fit..??
I can't seem to find any wheels that have both offset's where i need them. This brand has the rears that are +25 but the fronts are like +35 ... and other brands are rears are +35 and fronts +20 ... Its like, can't find any matching ones that fit right

·
Registered
541 Posts
I ordered them from Element Wheels, but they weren’t any help with fitment. I scoured this entire thread to settle on what I got. Most cars on here have a much more aggressive setup, so I took that into account and went with a conservative approach, figuring if I needed a 3-5mm spacer to make it perfect, I’d be okay. Fortunately, it all worked out.

Ace Alloy can make you custom offsets if you’re looking within their advertised range. Also, my contact at Discount Tire says they have software in the stores that can help you get the offsets right. I can’t vouch because I did it all on my own over a long period of time, but it’s worth looking into.

The key is to not take any one person’s word for it. Do your research. It’s too big a purchase to wing it and get it wrong. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered them from Element Wheels, but they weren’t any help with fitment. I scoured this entire thread to settle on what I got. Most cars on here have a much more aggressive setup, so I took that into account and went with a conservative approach, figuring if I needed a 3-5mm spacer to make it perfect, I’d be okay. Fortunately, it all worked out.

Ace Alloy can make you custom offsets if you’re looking within their advertised range. Also, my contact at Discount Tire says they have software in the stores that can help you get the offsets right. I can’t vouch because I did it all on my own over a long period of time, but it’s worth looking into.

The key is to not take any one person’s word for it. Do your research. It’s too big a purchase to wing it and get it wrong. Good luck.
Yea man, i have went to MULTIPLE ... and i means MULTIPLE tire shops and nobody seems to know anything about offset let alone know what i need to buy to get my wheels FLUSH with the fender ... They all expect me to buy what they recommend and spend ~$2k .... on a set of wheels with their tires and see how they fit ... Im like ... ahh hell no, im not giving you $2k to do a test fit on my car, then what happens when they dont fit the way i want them to fit ...?? are you gonna give me my $$ back or what..?? Then some of them are like, why are you so fixed on a 10 inch rear ... Im like because i WANT a 10 inch wide wheel to fit a FAT ASS tire on it ..... Its a RWD CAR and it needs to look mean as **** ....
So yea i have been searching and searching for gen coupes with wheels and tires to see who has what and how they fit and what size and offset ... Your setup hit the nail on the head .. Your wheels are flush with the fender which is what i want... The only difference is i personally would go with like a 255 in the front and 285 in the rear .. The front tire i would like to be flush with the wheel and the rear tire to be more than the wheel ...
But your setup is def it, and i am going that route with the same width and offset but with 20 inch wheels because the model i like does not have 18x8 or 18x10 ... which is my preference ... They have them in 20x8.5 and 20x10 ... My gen is not lowered, its stock height so it will fit just fine ..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Contact your wheel supplier and give them my setup, then tell them the tire size you wish to run and let them recommend the appropriate adjustments in offset to achieve the same result. Any reputable wheel manufacturer should be able to manage that for you.

Also, err on the side of more offset. You can always add a couple of mm by using spacers, but you can’t go the other way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Contact your wheel supplier and give them my setup, then tell them the tire size you wish to run and let them recommend the appropriate adjustments in offset to achieve the same result. Any reputable wheel manufacturer should be able to manage that for you.

Also, err on the side of more offset. You can always add a couple of mm by using spacers, but you can’t go the other way.
I have found like 3 sets of wheels that i really like and none of the companies will make them to a custom offset. Their offsets are set and cannot be changed ... The ones i really want are like 40 mm offset which is way too much and sinks the wheel too far in, which will require like ~15mm spacers to make them flush to the fender which i don't want to do. I hear both good and bad about spacers and not really sure who is right .. I think the best bet is to find a wheel with the 20F and 25R and be done with it ...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Opinions differ regarding spacers. I ran them for 4 years on the factory 19s (15mm front/20mm rear) with zero issues, including track days. I wouldn’t rule them out if you found wheels you really, really want. Especially if you’re driving it daily, and not tracking the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Opinions differ regarding spacers. I ran them for 4 years on the factory 19s (15mm front/20mm rear) with zero issues, including track days. I wouldn’t rule them out if you found wheels you really, really want. Especially if you’re driving it daily, and not tracking the car.
Trust me ... i KNOW about the opinions of spacers. Some like you claim they are fine and have used them for YEARS with no issues, others claim it screws up the alignment/suspension because it pushes the wheels further OUT than what the original suspension was designed for, blah blah blah ... I am NOT a suspension pro so i can't say if that is true or not... I have seen BAD reviews on YouTube about spacers as well ..
This car is no different than my Nissan 240sx, both are NOT daily driven but driven maybe 2 times per week at best. So its not the abuse they will get because i don't abuse my cars, i respect them. Yes i push them a little here and there but i'm not driving 90mph on semoran blvd swerving in and out of traffic like a banshee honda ...

These wheels you have now on the above pictures do NOT have spacers correct..??

·
Registered
541 Posts
I put spacers on before 10k miles and just took them off at 65k. My original front tires went 26k, and the rears went 33k, with no updated alignment.

You might have an issue if you go full stance poke, but 15mm/20mm spacers are a non-issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put spacers on before 10k miles and just took them off at 65k. My original front tires went 26k, and the rears went 33k, with no updated alignment.

You might have an issue if you go full stance poke, but 15mm/20mm spacers are a non-issue.
Are the spacers ON with the new wheels now..??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Are the spacers ON with the new wheels now..??

No. I factored the spacers into the offset when I was doing the math for the new wheels. I kept the spacers because I have a set of 4 stock 19 rears that I’m going to use for track wheels.

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Hey Yall I'm super lost when it comes to offsets and rim width pretty much anything that has to do with tires other than changing a flat. Ive tried searching but cant seem to find the exact answer Im looking for.
I found a set of 19" 370z wheels but the tires are way wider than the stock 19s our gens come with and the offsets are way different.
Can anyone confirm if these will fit before I make the 3hr trip to go get them.
From what i can tell from other threads the + with that high of an offset i should be able to use spacers to flush them up right?

19 inch wheels:
F: P245/40R19
R: P275/35R19
19x9 +47
19x10 +30

·
Registered
541 Posts
The wheels will fit with spacers, but don’t forget hubcentric rings as well. Nissan hub diameter is 73.1 and you need to be at 67.1. They are readily available on the internet.

As for spacers, 20mm front, 5mm rear is a safe bet. If you want any poke you’ll have to go thinner. May need a touch of camber then, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Thanks for the help!

I found a calculator online that put my mind to ease a bit as well and I already have 20/25mm spacers on the car so looks like I just need a 5-10mm for the rear.
Hub size for the 370 is 66.1 so its actually a bit smaller and from all the posts ive read the tires will go on snug but getting them off can be a bitch. Since its only a little bit Ill test fit and if need be do a little light sanding/polishing just to clearance it up a bit.

Thanks for the help L8Braker pics to come when i get the new setup!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I stand corrected, sorry. It’s basically a half mil all around, which shouldn’t be too hard to clearance.

I wouldn’t force them on, you’ll never be sure they’re entirely square to the hub, and it could cause unnecessary vibrations. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, guys. Long time lurker and first time poster.

I see a lot of guys running low offsets. I was wondering if these specs would work:

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track w/ Brembos and stock suspension

Front: 19x8.5, 5x114.3, +30 offset
Rear: 19x9.5, 5x114.3, +35 offset

The rear matches the stock spec but I was worried about the front. I may lower in the future but for now the suspension will be completely stock. Thanks.

6241 - 6260 of 6354 Posts