Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

6321 - 6328 of 6328 Posts

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
819 Posts
Sorry about that, was thinking about spacer adapters. 20MM* Should be fine?

This offset is tricky with these wheels. Working on getting those old Concept one RS-8 wheels on her.
Yes, 20mm spacers would be perfect.

Reactions: RM_BK2GEN

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello all,
I’m currently looking to buy a set of avid1 av20’s. Possibly 9.5 in the front and 10.5 in the back. How exactly do I know what offset your get? I have been doing research but still haven’t figured it out.

·
Here instead of working
18 Posts
Hello all,
I’m currently looking to buy a set of avid1 av20’s. Possibly 9.5 in the front and 10.5 in the back. How exactly do I know what offset your get? I have been doing research but still haven’t figured it out.
Most common offset for gens is +22 but for flush anything between +20 to +25 should work If I’m not mistaken

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at a set of 19x 8.0 inch 35 mm offset all the way around. Wanted to go with the stock track size wheel. I have the factory 18s now.They don't offer the 8.5 in width in the wheels I like so I'm thinking of using a 5mm spacer in the rear to compensate for the 1/2 inch to push it out to the factory look. I was wanting to know if the .5 inch would make much difference when I mount the 245/40 tire on the 8 inch width rim . I don't think it should but I thought maby someone on here has already tried it and was curious if they were happy with the results. I am also going to lower the car by 1.5 inches and I don't want to have to modify the fenders. That's my reason for wanting factory fitment on wheels. I have also heard if you change the overall diameter too much from factory it messes with the traction controll on the gen coupe.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Factory fit on a lowered car will result in a fair amount of tire tuck. I ran 15/20mm spacers on OE Rspec wheels for years to compensate. 5mm won’t do what you want. .5 inch is equal to 12.7mm.

Here’s the fitment I used to run. These are stock Rspec tire sizing. No rubbing, no modifications needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just going with the 5mm spacers because I figured the .5 inch would be cut in half. 1/4 inch on both inside and outside of rim and that the remaining couple mm would not be noticeable. I have the 2010 model not much difference in body style except front end. Thank you for your response. You have a sweet genny and the wheel tire fit you have is exactly for what i'm looking for.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You’ll be happy with the fit I had, it was effortless. Just think in terms of “total offset”. Et35 - 15mm front = net et20 for an 8-inch wheel. Et35 - 20mm rear = net et15 for an 8.5-inch wheel. That will help you mirror my fitment if you go aftermarket.

Before I went aftermarket, I bought two rear wheels to run 8.5 squared. That went out the window when the wheel guys had a Black Friday sale I couldn’t pass up.

If you’re interested in R-spec wheels, I still have 6 of them, 2 fronts and 4 rears.

6321 - 6328 of 6328 Posts