Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2581 - 2586 of 2586 Posts

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
The comments make no sense either. Perfect example, above. No offense to anyone.
The idea is that if you have something to say about one of the pictures in the spotted thread, you quote that picture, and post your quote and comment over here. That way everything makes sense, and the picture thread isn't 400pages long full of comments making it harder to find a specific picture.

·
Master Member #518
2,754 Posts
Maybe we can do the opposite. People post all the pictures and comments that they want. Then, you have some kind of a script/automated filter to pull all the pictures and put them in a thread that mirrors this thread but without the comments. You make it a thread that works like a chat, that doesn't add post count, and you make it a locked thread so that only the script/filter can add to it. Then, anyone can navigate through and view all the pictures as they want.

This would make it easier on you, and on us.

That makes a WHOLE lot more sense to me.

·
Token Metro Guy
5,003 Posts
Maybe we can do the opposite. People post all the pictures and comments that they want. Then, you have some kind of a script/automated filter to pull all the pictures and put them in a thread that mirrors this thread but without the comments. You make it a thread that works like a chat, that doesn't add post count, and you make it a locked thread so that only the script/filter can add to it. Then, anyone can navigate through and view all the pictures as they want.

This would make it easier on you, and on us.

That makes a WHOLE lot more sense to me.
I really do like that idea...I'll post it up in the moderator's section to see if anyone knows of a way to do that, because frankly I just have no idea if it would be possible or not.

·
I'm _not_ a ricer!
657 Posts
Just script up a gallery so anyone feeling inclined to browse can do so. This will take some time to save and repost them but it will pay off in the end. As it is right now, we have a lot of people posting random pictures asking about such and such and all over the site.

Take some pointers from my350z.com as the have a clean interface.

·
Genesis Coupe FTW
1,740 Posts
Very nice find !!! where do you get all those pic ?

2581 - 2586 of 2586 Posts