Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 814 Posts

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Yeah, but mainly due to airbag deployment. Usually that means total no matter what in most cases.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I just finished reading through this entire thread.

*gives the middle finger to fate*

*waits for karma*
...and I give you a...

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Holy Crap dude!! Not a local :wtc:

Seriously, what happened?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks like I get to join the cursed ones. Coming home from work this morning, the highway has 2 lanes on the onramp. I was in the left lane, the guy in the right lane merged into me. Damage doesn't look too bad, wheel is rashed, fender is mangled, headlight rashed, and front bumper is pretty bad. Waiting for the fight from his insurance company, he tried lying to the cop but got caught.

·
Explosively Canadian
290 Posts
Looks like I get to join the cursed ones. Coming home from work this morning, the highway has 2 lanes on the onramp. I was in the left lane, the guy in the right lane merged into me. Damage doesn't look too bad, wheel is rashed, fender is mangled, headlight rashed, and front bumper is pretty bad. Waiting for the fight from his insurance company, he tried lying to the cop but got caught.
I nearly had someone merge into me tonight. I managed to hit the clutch pedal, brake, signal right, and get into the right lane unscathed.

Curse averted!

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
I nearly had someone merge into me tonight. I managed to hit the clutch pedal, brake, signal right, and get into the right lane unscathed.

Curse averted!
The laws of individual fortune state that if you avoid a mishap that is the result of a well recognised curse, you mustn't presume that you have averted the curse itself.

The reason being is because curses will evolve into a more powerful and harder to avoid force; Murphy's Law.

Murphy's Law may occur in many different ways. In this situation, it may be a follow-up to an avoided curse. Depending on the magnitude of mitigated events with a triumphant exclaim (i.e, dodging a pie to the face and saying, "Ha, missed me!"), the general AOO (arrival of occurrence) of Murphy's Law will vary. In this previous example, said individual may walk away and slip on the remains of pie, or turn around and be hit by a 1966 Volkswagen Beetle.

I strongly urge you caution, despite having missed your collision!

(Source for all the BS that I just wrote: It's 2am, and I always make crazy sh*t up when I'm tired)

·
Miss Behave Ng
879 Posts
Yeah, some people just never bother to check their blind spots....

I had a RX330 on my left one time...he was previously cutting everyone off and driving like an ass basically. At one point it was just only two of us, since the light behind us turned red so traffic had stopped. The jackass decided to cut across 2 lanes, and I was in the second lane. Apparently he didn't see my car and almost side swiped me at high speed. I honked my horn, and made the most aggressive lane change to the empty one beside me...then I cut him off. Turned out he decided to cut across 3 lanes just so he can make a right into the following street. Like come on...if you know you're gonna turn right, you should already be IN THE DAMN RIGHT LANE ALREADY!

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
damn it. I really didn't want to subscribe to this thread. I really didn't. My car had a door crease happen 6 days after I bought it. I thought that was my curse. I was one of the originals. But no...

Colorado gencoupe get together. We grabbed some food, did a little driving of eachothers cars, shooting the breeze in the parking lot, etc... Well, we decided to cruise north to join a couple other members around 9:30. We were 3 cars deep training down the highway. Two coupes were in the lane to my left, and I was in the middle of them (front to back). All of a sudden a little hatchback that was passing me on the right (didn't even see him passing me) has half his car in my headlights. Not sure what the heck happened, but this civic, halfway past me swerved halfway into my lane hitting my car.

I was stunned for a second, then adrenaline kicked in as he quickly changed lanes to the offramp, I downshift hit the brakes and jump in behind the civic, as we approach the exit and the separation barrier it looks like he was about to double back onto the highway, and then decided not to... I would've chased him wherever he went, but it didn't matter because I had his plates memorized by this point.

We pull off onto a side road, I can't see whos in the car... so I'm a little afraid... I don't pull completely over to the curb and I keep my car running in case he tries to run. once he's out of the car I get out and keep the car going... The rest of the story goes like this "No insurance, please don't call the cops, I'll pay for the damages, the car costs how much? oh **** oh ****. don't call the cops."

My response was you can get a no insurance ticket, or if you leave, I have your plates memorized and you can get a hit and run ticket, I'm calling the police. I also called my two cruising mates who came back (they didn't realize that our cars actually collided), the area I was in felt shady and I didn't want this guy to call homies or something. Cops show up, turns out he has insurance. Claims that he hit a bump that threw him into my lane, I think he was trying to swerve as an aggressive gesture and he swerved to hard and ended up taking his car into my lane.

Door is scratched, fender is scratched, bumper is scratched, wheel is completely scratched up and the steering feels heavier... Sad pics in the morning when there's light :(

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
No where near the damage as other cars on here, but its still my baby, and a serious WTF? moment. You'd think a straight highway would be pretty easy to navigate...

I've been playing it out in my head and now I'm wondering if the guy was just looking down at a radio station or cell phone or something, because the impact was very light, he swerved back to his lane very fast, but to be honest I didn't see him as he approached my lane/car... :dunno:

The pictures hide some of the scratches, but it really isn't as bad as I thought last night. Took me forever to fall asleep though, adrenaline really courses through you I guess. I was ready to go into pursuit mode thinking the guy might try to run, so I got all amped up :point:

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
What a buzzkill man. Glad you went all Vin Diesel on him though and caught him! That is quite the WTF moment, but at least it stands as GC 1 - Civic 0 lol. Any idea on what the cost is gonna be? Probably threw your alignment off or something.

181 - 200 of 814 Posts