Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have been hit by the curse too, black ice on an 270 degree turn on-ramp i stood no chance...

was supposed to get it back 2/8/11 they pushed it back to this friday 2/18/11 hopefully it will be done >.< i miss her

·
Registered
333 Posts
not a total, the airbags didnt deploy... but i was told the total damages were about 11k >.< on top of that the cop gave me a ticket... ,.l.. cops
What ticket could he possibly give you if it were in fact an accident?

·
Registered
154 Posts
What ticket could he possibly give you if it were in fact an accident?
Failure to control vehicle speed on highway to avoid collision, 130dollar fine

No I was not speeding and even if I was he wasnt there untill20 minutes after it happened so how could he even prove that neway?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Failure to control vehicle speed on highway to avoid collision, 130dollar fine

No I was not speeding and even if I was he wasnt there untill20 minutes after it happened so how could he even prove that neway?
I would just take it to court. Be polite and patient and I am sure you will be able to work something out with the judge to get it dismissed. It's not like you are the first nor last to do something like this. Did your car damage anything on the road way (i.e. signs, concrete dividers, etc.)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess I had a small rock hit my windshield right at the edge (at the very edge where the black stuff covers it) and didn't know. I heard it a week ago and scoured the front end to find paint chips, but didn't see anything. It put a tiny chip in it and after driving in the rain and parking at school for the day, come back and find a 15 inch crack accross my windshield. My deductable is 500 bucks and it costs about that to get a replaced. F&^* me!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would just take it to court. Be polite and patient and I am sure you will be able to work something out with the judge to get it dismissed. It's not like you are the first nor last to do something like this. Did your car damage anything on the road way (i.e. signs, concrete dividers, etc.)?
Guard rail, it wasn't even badly damaged, my car crumpled on it like a dry cracker

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Anyone know if I can get this covered under warranty? the chip is stupid small.
Nope. Warranty is for defective craftsmanship. So, unless you can prove that the glass was defective from the start, don't count on it. It's part of owning a car. That is why I pay the bit extra for full coverage. My insurance covers glass replacement without the deductible due to road hazard as part of getting the bigger, full coverage umbrella package.

Guard rail, it wasn't even badly damaged, my car crumpled on it like a dry cracker
That is probably why then. It is due to the property damage so that part of your insurance coverage may include reimbursing the property damage should the state require it (each state is slightly different on the laws regarding this). As I said, take it to court. If nothing else, most of the time you can get it reduced fine wise and points wise so you don't have as much of a glaring note on your driving record. Best of luck.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
What happened. I see rubber molding out of place and what looks like a large dent in the roof. Heavy chunk of snow or ice fall off a building onto it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
so i get my car back and the splash guard on the passenger side under the bumper just below the foglight is, is missing... i tell the shop and they say.. "that was missing before we got the car" i said "of course it was freaking missing i hit a effing guard rail!" you would think they would replace it without me having to tell them to replace it no? idiots!

the gaps look nice tho, it looks like they did a good job on the repair itself... they are just kinda stupid imo because they didnt replace the splash guard... but they will

·
Registered
245 Posts
mobile car port fell on it we had 30 inches of snow and my port couldnt hold and bammmmm fresh paint job on car but it still doesnt feel the same
This right here didn't happen to me - the car felt better actually - after the repair (due to a new front suspension cradle and corner balancing).

so i get my car back and the splash guard on the passenger side under the bumper just below the foglight is, is missing... i tell the shop and they say.. "that was missing before we got the car" i said "of course it was freaking missing i hit a effing guard rail!" you would think they would replace it without me having to tell them to replace it no? idiots!

the gaps look nice tho, it looks like they did a good job on the repair itself... they are just kinda stupid imo because they didnt replace the splash guard... but they will
ITS ALWAYS up hill with the insurance guys :( Just keep on them but yeah... its kinda bad of the shop NOT to notice that lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
just a little rant here, So Saturday night, I'm driving home on the highway, its raining out, slight fog, nothing drastic. Driving alone, 20 kms into my drive almost home, I hit something! no idea was it was, but it hit hard, so i pulled over and called the local highway guys. MRDC ( highway maintenance) arrives with their trucks and lights to see what I had hit.
Turns out it was a four wheeler seat that had flown off of some guys 4 wheeler while it he was bring it home in his truck.
I manage to find the guy who lost the seat as I now need a new bumper. He owns up to his mistake without hesitation and asks me to get an estimate done and he'll flip the bill for his mistake. Today, after the estimate I call him back, and leave a message. He calls me to inform me that his seat turned up this moring ( two days later) so it must not have been his seat I hit.
So he is no longer paying the bill. The police obviously seeing the wholes in the story get in contact with the guy but he stays to his grounds, despite him amitting, in writing and verbal that he believes its his seat I hit.
So now since there's no 100% way to say that the seat I hit was his, nothing can be done according to the police. so he gets off the hook and I now have a cracked bumper! arg

·
Registered
10 Posts
the day i bought my car i slammed into a snow bank pulling into my drive way and smashed the front bumper. it had rained earlier and i wasn't used to driving a car just got rid of my truck

221 - 240 of 814 Posts