Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 814 Posts

·
Recent Coupester
28 Posts
Posted details on Engine->2.0T forum, titled "Should I Murder My Mechanic?" but upshot is my first oil change (1K), shop accidentally left off my oil cap, drove 40 miles until smoke starting coming out from under the hood, at which point same geniuses advised me to "put a rag in the hole and drive it up here." Of course, I refused and made them tow it back and make good.

Fingers crossed I didn't incur long-term damage to the engine/turbo.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Posted details on Engine->2.0T forum, titled "Should I Murder My Mechanic?" but upshot is my first oil change (1K), shop accidentally left off my oil cap, drove 40 miles until smoke starting coming out from under the hood, at which point same geniuses advised me to "put a rag in the hole and drive it up here." Of course, I refused and made them tow it back and make good.

Fingers crossed I didn't incur long-term damage to the engine/turbo.
Sucks to hear, man.

I would be more worried about the turbo as it really needs some pressure in the oil line to keep it running correctly.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts

·
BBoost Me Baby
713 Posts
O my god this thread just makes me so sad seeing so many beautiful Gens messed up, and WTF is up with drivers these day, my gen arrives in a couple of weeks I hope after reading this that I dont get cursed

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
I want to thank everyone that has posted pictures! i have been convinced Im going to get a roll cage!

·
Red Trainwreck
765 Posts
I hate mean people.

Someone left a little unwanted present:

Before I cleaned it off:

After I cleaned it off:

:mad:Now I don't want it anymore, LOL!

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Hop off of of mav. Everybody can do what they want, it's a free country. If you don't like it, suck it up and deal with it
It may be a free country, but there are rules on the site. Abide by the rules or find a new one that has rules that you better agree with. It's not hard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hawaii curse

My GC has been wrecked 4 times (ttl approx 30k) since April 2009(in shop now). The good thing about it is all 4 sides are new as well as all wheels and I get to put miles on loaners.

The body shop I use has consecutively done great work; missing driving my GC is the hardest part.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My GC has been wrecked 4 times (ttl approx 30k) since April 2009(in shop now). The good thing about it is all 4 sides are new as well as all wheels and I get to put miles on loaners.

The body shop I use has consecutively done great work; missing driving my GC is the hardest part.
Good god man, are the drivers that bad where you live?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good god man, are the drivers that bad where you live?
Unfortunately I would have to say yes. Common road etiquette is lacking. Different way of thinking. 1st/G37 comes over into my lane even though we were side by side for 5mins 2nd/ truck riding tail, hits back when lose dog crosses st in Waikiki 3rd/Suv backs into PARKED car 4th/ car runs red light hits pax side

·
Exceptionally Ordinary
612 Posts
Unfortunately I would have to say yes. Common road etiquette is lacking. Different way of thinking. 1st/G37 comes over into my lane even though we were side by side for 5mins 2nd/ truck riding tail, hits back when lose dog crosses st in Waikiki 3rd/Suv backs into PARKED car 4th/ car runs red light hits pax side
I haven't seen that much, saw 3 in the last 2-3 weeks, all rear enders. Could be you :dunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't seen that much, saw 3 in the last 2-3 weeks, all rear enders. Could be you :dunno:
I guess it is me...either way it is what it is. Keep in mind we are talking about over a 2 year period. Consider also I've been driving for over 15 years with no wrecks til I came to this place.

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
sucks... abundance of FOB Asians and tourists. double trouble :gc-wmscared0016:

every Asian knows that their boater relatives drive like sh** , mine do, I can't believe they aren't dead

241 - 260 of 814 Posts