Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

481 - 500 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thats no excuse for damaging somebody's car, best to never go to that place again and tell everybody you know about it.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
lets see, my neighbor put his boat hitch through the back of my car, so I got a new rear bumper, and my coach ripped the front bumper off my car with his exhaust pipe on his tundra, so I got a new front bumper. other than that, it's just warranty work that curses my car. transmission, linkage, shifter, bushings, sunroof toggle, rear seat, rear window, tail lights, speed sensor, throttle body, throttle position sensor annnnnd I think that's it. But my seat still squeaks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My boyfriend ran over a big hunk of tire on the highway with my gen this week... Looking into filing and insurance claim and getting a new bumper... and never allowing him to drive my car again...

·
I wanna go fast
323 Posts
My boyfriend ran over a big hunk of tire on the highway with my gen this week... Looking into filing and insurance claim and getting a new bumper... and never allowing him to drive my car again...
Pictures or it didn't happen. Seriously though I don't let my wife drive my car and she's a partial owner

·
Registered
69 Posts
It doesnt look horrible. Just a chunk missing from the bumper, half of the wheel well liner, the plastic cover under the engine, and it scuffed up the back bumper a bit! But thats not too noticeable, so it'll just have to do.

You can see a bit of the front bumper missing, but its not horrible unless you look underneath.

And it's not lining up quite right by the driver side wheel, I think that wheel well liner supported it there... Oh well

·
Registered
88 Posts
A week after paying out of pocket to fix a quarter panel and rear bumper, an old man rear ended my bumper =(

My cars been hit 3 times and hit something twice in two years of owning it...

·
I wanna go fast
323 Posts
It doesnt look horrible. Just a chunk missing from the bumper, half of the wheel well liner, the plastic cover under the engine, and it scuffed up the back bumper a bit! But thats not too noticeable, so it'll just have to do.

You can see a bit of the front bumper missing, but its not horrible unless you look underneath.

And it's not lining up quite right by the driver side wheel, I think that wheel well liner supported it there... Oh well
adds character :) sucks though. I would make him pay for it. Me? my wife's money comes from my paycheck so it's not nearly as much fun to make her pay. She has to pay in more creative ways...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looked at this thread for the first time on Friday at work. Driving home from work, some ass-face cut me off and then stopped in my lane. I had to slam on my breaks and I stayed on the horn for about 10 seconds. Had a passenger who said "I SERIOUSLY thought we were getting a face-full of that Honda." Centimeters away from taking my car's virginity. I hate you all and I hate this thread. This should be in the FNG rules to NEVER read this thread. :)

·
Kimchisup
647 Posts
Would they just sand the area around the dent after straightening it out, then repaint it? Or would they actually repaint the whole door? If the cost is over $750, my insurance premium may go up, which I would really like to avoid.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A good shop would paint the whole door and probably blend the paint on the fender and quarter panel so the repair is seamless

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
They might blend it but I doubt it. More than likely they would just repaint the door skin rather than the whole door, that's why I said up to $600. But I mean I could be very wrong, I don't know what your local shops charge for labour.

But you should get that fixed quickly, you cracked the paint so moisture can get into the skin and that can be really bad for rusting depending on local climate and conditions.

·
Kimchisup
647 Posts
Yeah, hopefully getting it fixed this weekend. It did, however, sit in the rain right after that happened. So fingers crossed it hasn't caused significant damage to the metal under. The quarter panel isny' damaged at all. Literally it's just the door edge dent. I, the genius I am, backed up into a pillar with the door open, resulting in the pictured damage. Don't ask why. -____-

·
Manitoba GenCoupe
226 Posts
What hurts the most? She was JUST 2.5 days old. And it was 3 days before my brothers wedding. 17k in damage and instance wasn't a write off??!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

481 - 500 of 814 Posts