Yoda Bat It Is
396 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
The Artist
237 Posts
Came out of class today with a note on my car saying so n so hit my car, he left me his name number and license plate incase his car wasn't there when I came out, but it still was and I called him and we exchanged info but anyways he was parking and hit the rear end of my bumper can't tell in the picture but there is a dent about 4 inches long and than a bunch of scuff marks it sucks that it happened but I'm thankful that the guy was honest and left his info. Oh ya and if nobody knows I have Alex's aka nxxt wheels from his old white car, I swear the wheels that come off his are cursed or something haha jk bro but any how here is a pic! (sorry for the dirty car, this is the dirtiest it has ever been) :(

·
Registered
510 Posts
well i guess it's time I chime in and post my curse experience.

I bought my car last August. Everything was great until December 18 last year. I came out of work that day and I just had this weird feeling that something was up with my car.
There was no one parked next to me, not windows smashed, so i hopped in and took off.
That day happened to be really nice for December so i went to the gas station to fill up and bought a car wash (drive through).
While my car was being washed i kept seeing these flecks of white. looked like paper.
after the wash, i got out and looked at the windshield. Sure enough there was a note on my passenger side, under the wiper. It read "Sorry i hit your car. Please call me at 29X-XXXX.
The X's represent the numbers that were no longer there due to the paper being destroyed from the was. I tried to find a car with blue transfer on it but never did, so i had to fix the damage.
There was a small dent on the passenger side where the rear bumper and quarter panel meet. Both needed paint.

A couple weeks later (maybe a month or so) my brother was backing my car out of the garage so i he could get his out (we park behind each other). He ended up cutting the wheel to early and put my passenger side front bumper/fender into the snow blower. Both panels needed paint.

About a month after that i was driving to my friends house to pick him up. There had been a pretty big snow fall and the plows were in the process of cleaning the roads. The entrance to my friends street was not plowed. In fact they had left a HUGE rut of snow that i had to plow through to get there. The snow was soft, but not soft enough.
Passenger side front bumper cracked near the ground. It's hard to see, but i know it's there.

Finally the last thing that has happened (knock on wood): I was visiting my best friends grave (RIP buddy) on what would have been his 26th birthday. I went to turn around on a gravel 4 way intersection inside the cemetary. When i started the U-turn, the front right wheel went off the road into the grass. That shouldn't have been a problem, except there was a large hold right there. My wheel fell right into the hole, and the bottom of my car hit the gravel. Luckily the only damage my car sustained was the plastics under the engine bay. Had to replace the wheel well cover, as well as 2 other pieces under the motor.

So far nothing super serious, but that's 4 instances of the curse catching up to me. I celebrated 1 year of Genesis ownership this past Wednesday. I think i might be in the running now for most cursed Coupe.

BTW, all 4 of my rims have a bit of road rash, but i'm not counting my own stupidity as part of the curse.

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
well i guess it's time I chime in and post my curse experience.

I bought my car last August. Everything was great until December 18 last year. I came out of work that day and I just had this weird feeling that something was up with my car.
There was no one parked next to me, not windows smashed, so i hopped in and took off.
That day happened to be really nice for December so i went to the gas station to fill up and bought a car wash (drive through).
While my car was being washed i kept seeing these flecks of white. looked like paper.
after the wash, i got out and looked at the windshield. Sure enough there was a note on my passenger side, under the wiper. It read "Sorry i hit your car. Please call me at 29X-XXXX.
The X's represent the numbers that were no longer there due to the paper being destroyed from the was. I tried to find a car with blue transfer on it but never did, so i had to fix the damage.
There was a small dent on the passenger side where the rear bumper and quarter panel meet. Both needed paint.

A couple weeks later (maybe a month or so) my brother was backing my car out of the garage so i he could get his out (we park behind each other). He ended up cutting the wheel to early and put my passenger side front bumper/fender into the snow blower. Both panels needed paint.

About a month after that i was driving to my friends house to pick him up. There had been a pretty big snow fall and the plows were in the process of cleaning the roads. The entrance to my friends street was not plowed. In fact they had left a HUGE rut of snow that i had to plow through to get there. The snow was soft, but not soft enough.
Passenger side front bumper cracked near the ground. It's hard to see, but i know it's there.

Finally the last thing that has happened (knock on wood): I was visiting my best friends grave (RIP buddy) on what would have been his 26th birthday. I went to turn around on a gravel 4 way intersection inside the cemetary. When i started the U-turn, the front right wheel went off the road into the grass. That shouldn't have been a problem, except there was a large hold right there. My wheel fell right into the hole, and the bottom of my car hit the gravel. Luckily the only damage my car sustained was the plastics under the engine bay. Had to replace the wheel well cover, as well as 2 other pieces under the motor.

So far nothing super serious, but that's 4 instances of the curse catching up to me. I celebrated 1 year of Genesis ownership this past Wednesday. I think i might be in the running now for most cursed Coupe.

BTW, all 4 of my rims have a bit of road rash, but i'm not counting my own stupidity as part of the curse.
damn:woah:! ur like "unlucky"...but think about it, you're actually lucky those weren't more serious, at least your genesis is still alive!;)

·
1-2-3-4-GRRRIIIINNND-5-6
684 Posts
Welp. Now I get to start my GC Curse Legacy!

I work for a shipping company and as one of my drivers approached the dock to back in, his driver-side swing door was loose.

I guess the trailer just decided that it didn't like my passenger-side mirror so...

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Ouch...but at least should be an easy fix that you won't have to pay for. Day tops in the shop once parts are ordered in.

Bill

·
1-2-3-4-GRRRIIIINNND-5-6
684 Posts
Yeah, I'm lucKy that the swing doors didn't come out all the way. A 200 pound steel door connected to 40,000 pounds of machinery + gencoupe = Convertible! That thing didn't even flinch. It just sliced it right off :/

·
Registered
213 Posts
Got my Karussell White 2.0T last week, not even a thousand miles on it as of yesterday. I was heading home from Pep Boys to wash it, two minutes from my house, my flip flop gets lodged between the brake and gas pedals, I spin out and hit a tree head on after hopping a curb.

The guy across the street comes out and asks if I'm ok, I reply "No! It's a Lease!". At that point I just started laughing because I thought of this damn thread...

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Got my Karussell White 2.0T last week, not even a thousand miles on it as of yesterday. I was heading home from Pep Boys to wash it, two minutes from my house, my flip flop gets lodged between the brake and gas pedals, I spin out and hit a tree head on after hopping a curb.

The guy across the street comes out and asks if I'm ok, I reply "No! It's a Lease!". At that point I just started laughing because I thought of this damn thread...
Sorry about the damage. But the good thing is since it is a lease, no concern about diminished value when you turn it in. Good luck with the repair.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts

You forgot to add "...and as I began to laugh, the guy who came over began to feel very creeped out and backed away slowly..."

Bill

·
Registered
117 Posts
lolol this thread is painful to read but that last post made me laugh.

alright guys, i change my mind, im not getting a gen anymore. seems like its too prone to crashes.........

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Applying for membership in the curse club....don't know how to get the pics off my phone (old geezer here), but wife's Interlagos Yellow had a nice hit/run in the mall parking lot on Saturday; nice dent below the gas filler, and also got the rear bumper a wee bit.

Less than 3 months since delivery; 3400 miles. It hits the body shop next Tuesday morning.

She's owned only 3 vehicles in her life....all of which have been hit while standing still, unattended, in a parking lot.....

·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
wth is it with ppl and hit and running this car? is it jealousy? blindness? or pure stupidity? i've had 3 already...and all on my passenger side rear panels...one is RIGHT on the swoop back line...sucks

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
had the car about year and a couple of months. Ive got HAIL Damage like crazy and some dude backed into my driver side fender and ive got 2Rock chips on my front bumper that has the paint coming off and its just peeling like a bad SUN BURN u get cause u fell asleep outside while tanning! LOL
my solution to all this.....
waiting for winter and do a CF hood, CF trunk and CF ROOFTOP and say F U hAIL! LOL
then get my front bumper repainted! LOL

61 - 80 of 814 Posts