Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

801 - 814 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think I have set a new record for total number of Genesis Coupes owned in six months.
In Feb. 2015 I totaled my 2013 when I lost control on wet pavement and took out a 16 inch diameter palm tree. Walked away with no injuries.
In May 2015 driving my 2014 2.0T I t-boned a driver that blew a light . I did $12,000 in damage to the front end. Walked away with no injuries.
Six weeks later and one week after getting it out of the body shop, I was rear ended by a Ford F150 when I was stopped at a traffic light. I cut the wheel to the left to avoid the car in front of me and slammed into a tree in the median.
The car was totaled when repairs mounted to $21,000. Walked away with a twitchy back.
That makes two totals and one major accident since Feb. of this year.\
I replaced the 2014 with a 2015 3.8, hoping that third time is the charm.
Hey, at least you keep moving up one model year per incident.

So...........what trick do you have planned to move up to a 16 MY?

Or..........maybe you should garage the MY 15 until the 17s come out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
45cal-
I've got to say, I have only barely avoided at least half a dozen accidents in my '15 3.8 between cars running stop signs, cars changing lanes without looking and me having to drive onto the shoulder to avoid getting hit (at least 4 times in this car, and my exhaust is too loud to not notice me) and people just being generally terribly drivers in the Carolinas. I previously owned a Sable, Impala and Mazda3 and none of them were lucky enough to avoid theses situations. This model might just finally look out for you like it seems to for me! Or maybe I just like this car more and I'm looking out for it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yetisis
I know your pain. I can't tell you how many times people have pulled stupid crap like that on me, and my car is bright red and extremely loud... It's not that they can't see your or don't hear you. It's that they just don't care. I'd honestly like to know how many of the tragedies on here were caused by people that have absolutely no passion for what they drive. I'd be willing to bet at least 75%.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posted this in the new member section, but I guess this may be more appropriate.

I picked up a 2016 premium and within 200k I had a calliper fall off. Pedal went straight to the floor and had to coast onto the gravel shoulder and use the parking brake. Still kind of in shock, and not entirely sure what to do. Everyone I have talked to has said something along the lines of "slam the calliper on the service managers desk" or something equally dramatic. Most people have recommended I ask for a new vehicle, although I don't really know if that is an option. Canada doesn't have lemon laws like the states. Either way this could have resulted in a serious accident. My GF and I were on our way into cottage country and the hills are deadly..lots of runaway ramps for transport trucks, you get the idea. Potentially a bad situation.

Has anyone had a similar dealership screw up like this??

801 - 814 of 814 Posts