Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 814 Posts

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow...that's one hell of a hit. Did you roll the car?

That's going to be a total loss. Not only did you bend the frame, but you have air bags deployed and the entire roof section warped and contorted. There is no way they will be able to get that frame the same ever. Best of luck on getting a new Genesis Coupe replacement and glad to hear you are ok even if you are a rookie poster.

Never rolled... T-boned at about 50-55 last Weds. Chevy Silverado hit me.. Walked away with a big bruise and still sore. I hope it is a total loss. I would not feel safe if they fixed it. I think they are looking for 22k in repairs before they will total.

We shall see! :eek:

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Holy crap! I'm glad you're okay, that definitely looks like a total loss.. Sorry to see that happened, and judging by your join date (but correct me if I'm wrong), I'm willing to assume it's a new purchase too :(

Best of luck with the insurance!
2011.. got it in Aug... thank goodness I have gap also.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Never rolled... T-boned at about 50-55 last Weds. Chevy Silverado hit me.. Walked away with a big bruise and still sore. I hope it is a total loss. I would not feel safe if they fixed it. I think they are looking for 22k in repairs before they will total.

We shall see! :eek:
look at the very first post in this thread. That car was a total loss and it didn't have as much roof damage as yours. So yes it will be a total loss. Glad you're ok and had GAP insurance!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dang that sucks. Glad you're ok. Sort of surprised the sliverado didn't do more damage going that fast. It's gonna be totaled for sure, good thing you have GAP. Only thing is your current loan company may be iffy on giving you another loan due to not having a long payment history with them

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
UPDATE: My car is a total loss. Nationwide is paying most. Gap only has to pay 481.25

I feel better now....
Sassy14u: 1
Silverado: 0

Haha

·
Registered
534 Posts
UPDATE: My car is a total loss. Nationwide is paying most. Gap only has to pay 481.25

I feel better now....
That's good. Since GAP didn't have to pay much you can cancel and get most of the money you payed for the GAP and you can cancel other warranties too for a down payment

Haha
I'd say:
Sassy14u: 0
Silverado: 1

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
Not necessarily! Silverado is damaged. Sassy gets a new Genny haha

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
True. But silverado, probably not totaled. Genny, totaled. It's more of a tie than anything
But that's why the Genny wins, repaired cars often never feel quite right. Also when/ if it comes to selling the car that major of a repair would reduce the resell value.

So it's:

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
But that's why the Genny wins, repaired cars often never feel quite right. Also when/ if it comes to selling the car that major of a repair would reduce the resell value.

So it's:

That's what I meant!

In a nutshell :)

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Any pics of the Silverado?

161 - 180 of 814 Posts