Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

OFFICIAL - The Curse Section

311K views 813 replies 276 participants last post by  Silver3.8Track 
#1 · (Edited)
This is one of the more off the wall suggestions but it would help organize the forum a bit. We need a section that is suitable for all the owners that have wrecked their vehicles or have had damage, to keep the General Discussion area a little cleaner... thoughts? :dunno::hello:

HERE'S MINE, BY FAR ONE OF THE LONGER CURSE THREADS SO IMA JUST INCLUDE PICS AND VIDEO:
http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/35218-thread-my-genny-gone.html

BEFORE:

AFTER:

See less See more
1 7
#424 ·
Fuuuuuuuuu...

At the car wash of all places, I scraped the driver side front bumper on one of those god damned infernal concrete poles next to the money deposit thing. Now there's orange streaks and scratches and the edge of the bumper near the quarter panel.

Those ****ing short concrete poles are the bane of my existence. This is the second car I hit on one of those devils. Useless things are there just to eat car bumpers. At least it wasn't as bad as my tC where I backed out (of yet another car wash), turned too sharp, and a pillar popped out of nowhere as it was below my window level, and decided to grab the bumper and ripped it out on the driver side.

#427 ·
I use both. First incident with my tC happened after I had finished vacuuming out the car. Second incident was pulling up to pay for the wash. Only do laser jet though, hate the ones with brushes.

#426 ·
Car parked at the dealership waiting for its new turbo...
someone scrapes their bumper across my cars ass.. didn't even say a damn thing to anyone, let me say.. my dealership is pissed cause it's on their dime now since my car was left in their care.

#429 ·
So month after getting my 2011 turned a corner after a stop w an oil slick and my rear end spun and when I corrected my rear end had whipped into the curb. I get the car back and within the next month I get rear ended on the highway and now the guys insurance is trying to void fault in the accident because they can't reach their insured. FML

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#430 ·
I spun out today making a left turn. Went to fast (traction control off) Did a complete 180 degree heading for the curb side ways. Somehow I don't remember If the steering turned it self or I did. But I end up backing into the curb. Car did stall, tried to start ( took 3 tries "WHY"?) and it started up right before the light changes for incoming traffic. This was quite embarrassing. Dam those half worn out summer tires. My heart rate was beating rapidly & this is my only transportation and took YEARS to save... Note to self LEAVE TRACTION CONTROL ON!

There are some brutal images in this thread ha.

#431 ·
Bummer man, my story was a little similar. 180 into a fence after going through a puddle though. Oh well, it happens. Almost no damage though, so that's always good. I didn't even report it.

#436 ·
On 22Sep, I bought a 2012 R-Spec. On the next day, I went back to hand them a check for the deposit. Going back home, in heavy traffic (15MPH), the fellow behing me driving a Rodeo, rear ends me. He told the police that he was distracted by his cell, and did not notice that traffic had come to a stop. Car had 63 miles. Needless to say, I was pissed. His insurance replaced the rear bumper and both license plate lights.

#438 ·
I wonder if the computer sense spining and cuts the fuel just incase it's an accident more severe than a spin? There is likely some sort of sensors in the gas tank or in the car elsewhere as part of the safety equipment.

I agree with some of the accident's show here the inside of the Gennisis is a tough car and it seems rare for people to get hurt.

#444 ·
So I posted on this thread a few weeks ago stating I had been in two accidents one was being rear ended by the other driver whos insurance doesn't want to cover the damages. Well in the typical style of my life last night, new years day, someone backed into my passenger door and drove away without any information or anything. My car is just about 6 months old. Do I win the most cursed award yet?

#445 ·
Winter wheels, tires, stretch, no stretch doesn't matter if you're going over a pothole that's 3 inches deep and a foot wide at night. You can't avoid what you can't see. I've driven fine in NJ and NY, including Manhatten (for months) with stretched tires, avoiding what needed to be avoided etc.

#448 ·
Yessir I am, 20's this time around.

20x9
20x10.5

245/30/20
285/30/20

Time to experiment with that meaty tire look from the rear lol, my only concern is fitment. Hopefully I'll have enough clearance, if not I'll go 275/30/20 in the rears for mild stretch.

#450 ·
Nearly choked kid who hit my 3.8 Track

Driving to work yesterday in the rain I stopped for a flashing school bus going the opposite direction. All of a sudden BOOM, somebody clipped the rear bumper of my 2012 CG 3.8 Track. I got out of the car screaming and swearing. I see it's a real young kid in the car and I started losing it, until he rolls down his window and it's my neighbors son. He looked like he was going to pee his pants (I'm 6'2" 250lbs). Anyway his Dad agreed to pay out of pocket to avoid the insurance jack up. I kinda feel sorry for the kid now because just a cracked bumper cost $1,000. I'm sure he's going to have to work it off.

#451 ·
A low speed accident happened to me today--luckily it appears there was no damage. I was in a parking lot with no where to go waiting for the SUV in front of me to move when a pickup truck pulled up behind me and stopped. Then all of a sudden he lets go of the brake and taps the left side of my bumper with the left tip of his front bumper. I was hit in this parking lot before in the past (I was driving my mom's car then), so I was piss that people can't seem to drive around here. I go out to inspect the damage while the guy was apologizing and was surprised there was nothing. I tell the guy to be careful and go my way, thanking the car gods. Hopefully no internal damage; at such low speeds I don't believe there's any.

#452 ·
****ing idiot deer ran into the side of my car last night. Gonna need bodywork and paint on the driver's side fender and door at the least. ****er.

#455 ·
Uh... thanks? LOL. Good news is that I only need a fender and a door skin, and between insurance and my dad's bodyshop, it will have OEM parts on it by Friday. :)

#456 ·
My Gen got hurt

SO, I'm officially in cursed section too.:( On Fri two cars had an accident on a road at where I work. One of them span off and landed into the passenger side of my peacefully parked on a parking lot Gen. Plenty of damage. At least drivable.
Will take it for an estimate tomorrow or on Tue.

#457 ·
Geez you weren't even in your car. At least you shouldn't have to pay anything to get your car fixed, but still it'll drop the value of your car because of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.