Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

2361 - 2363 of 2363 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,470 Posts
If the extended warranty is not issued directly by the car manufacturer they are a gamble at best. Had my share of denied for no good reason. They will just tell you you are canceled and refund any prorated money left for the policy.

·
Court Jester
4,285 Posts
2011 Genesis 4.0

Username - Lou Cinda
Location (i.e. city, state) - Gadsden, AL
Engine/Trans/Trim -
Mileage - 110,542
To what degree is the problem? - Transmission went completely out with no warning or issues
What have you done to try to get it fixed? - Got a national lifetime powertrain warranty when we bought the car, however, warranty company declined the warranty because we didn't have proof of tire rotation at every 7500 miles, air filter changes, etc. We did have documentation of getting the oil changed. At this point there doesn't seem to be anything I can do...it's a hot mess!
Put together an excel spreadsheet showing when YOU did all the work on your car (oil changes every 5k, tire rotations, tranny/diff fluid, etc).... even if you didn't didn't rotate those tires..... :)

Submit that for proof.... if they want receipts, just say you do not keep receipts for cash purchases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Username - CreggyStyle
Location (i.e. city, state) - QC, Canada
Engine/Trans/Trim - 2.0t/manual/premium 2014
Mileage -28 000km
To what degree is the problem? - 1st to 2nd no grinding but I get a slight feel of gears grabbing or not properly aligned(this happens randomly, but less when I wait 2-3seconds for rpm to lower between shifts) / 2nd to 3rd I'm getting the same feeling but smaller.

Those problems are more noticeable when driving like a granny than driving like if I had 5 stars in GTA...(I'm also getting hella Rev hang when granny driving.)

What have you done to try to get it fixed? -Nothing. I was wondering if it was really an issue or if my head was playing me after reading some stories about this tricky transmission. What do you guys think? Does it seems like the beggining of a new horror story or am I stressing for nothing? Car is under warranty until 2020...

2361 - 2363 of 2363 Posts