Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new here I’m considering with everything I’ve been reading on catch cans to install one. I was just wondering what’s the best way of doing so I want to do it on the turbo side I know to run the breather tube to the catch can but do I run another tube from intake to the catch can too?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,378 Posts
The sight tubes are worthless. I take mine out and plug the holes. They just get all dark and you can't see anything through the tubing. This one does have a drain plug. Most you need to take the bottom of the can off to drain. With a drain plug you can add a hose and extend it to a convenient location for easy draining at oil change time. I just have the hose tucked up in front of the tire behind the plastic.

Many want to pay big bucks but they all do the same thing. I use cheap ones form ebay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Essentially you just take the smaller hose that goes to the intake piping and put it in the catch can and then put a hose on the intake where the hose was before and hook it up to the catch can tooo??? And is it really necessary to have one for now I just plan on a sri and axle back [/QUOTE]

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,378 Posts
On my cans that use 3/8" barbs...

The 3/8" fits the PCV valve but the Intake barb is 1/2". Metric really. A 3/8" hose should slip inside a 1/2" hose and then all that is needed is a hose clamp. The turbo side, IIRC, the valve cover barb is closer to 7/16".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my cans that use 3/8" barbs...

The 3/8" fits the PCV valve but the Intake barb is 1/2". Metric really. A 3/8" hose should slip inside a 1/2" hose and then all that is needed is a hose clamp. The turbo side, IIRC, the valve cover barb is closer to 7/16".

Should I get a 7/16 hose to be safe or should I be all set?

·
Dropping Knowledge
133 Posts
If the catch can is properly baffled then it should be fine. I personally am not a fan of all the generic made ebay ones. As for installation there a few write ups on this very forum on how to install it. Nothing has changed in that aspect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts