Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,281 Posts
My guess was a badly casted head or block.
like something obstructing normal oil flow internally

·
Registered
399 Posts
Check engine light on again; same P0014 code as before. Barely one month after OCV replaced. I don't like where this is going. Appointment scheduled for Friday but I plan 350 mile overnight round trip to Flagstaff tomorrow. If I go, I'll have to drive gently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check engine light on again; same P0014 code as before. Barely one month after OCV replaced. I don't like where this is going. Appointment scheduled for Friday but I plan 350 mile overnight round trip to Flagstaff tomorrow. If I go, I'll have to drive gently.
Hey sorry to bother you but did you P0014 code go away after your second visit to the dealer? I have been to the dealer twice so far on this light and they have yet to fix this issue...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Man I hope this isn't what I'm in for. I was just told by the dealer I need a new OCV. Mine is a 2.0t 2013, the car has 1500 miles on it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dealership found my issue. Turns out the wires running to the oil control valve were rubbing the power steering pulley and creating a short. It shorted so bad it blew the ignition fuse and the car wouldn't start.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i doubt that the harness is too far away from the ps pump.
Well, I'm pretty sure that's what the tech said but I could be wrong. I have a 2.0T if I didn't say that before I apologize. None the less, I've put about 600 miles since the fix and all is well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new here.. im getting a p0024 code bank 2 exhaust side. Camshaft over advanced. I have a 2011 3.8. Ive changed the cam sensor and nothing. I think it may be the ocv. I unplugged it and found oil in the connector. Any idea on how to replace it? It seems like i have to remove the cam cover to get to it. Thanks in advanced

21 - 32 of 32 Posts