Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tech...
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the return oil line for the turbo leak? I just dropped my car off to hyundai today to get it replace AGAIN! i work for toyota, so i could have done it myself but thats why i have a warranty. but i think that i need high pressure clamps for the hose because idk why else it was leaking, the oil was coming from around the lower clamp. And if it leaks again, i just gonna let it leak lol. its not much just a little bit. but im kinda anal about my car so i dont want **** to leak lol

·
Registered
598 Posts
had the same thing , got it fixed and its been fine

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
yes actually. its the return fitting on the turbo that isn't bolted down tight enough.

pretty sure the techs at the dealer isn't going to catch that and just replace the hose. thats what mine did. I had to tighten it myself because I didn't want to take it back and wait like an hour and 1/2 just to have them replace the hose again.

·
Tech...
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fittings...

thats a good idea, ill let my buddy that works there know. but instead of just replacing the hose, he replace the metal tubes that the hose connects to on both sides as well. and i would imagine that it was all tight, but if it leaks again, i guess ill just check first

·
Premium Member
16,012 Posts
yeah thats the fitting that I was talking about. I personally don't think that the fitting needs to be replaced, just tightened, but if he doesn't mind replacing them, then why not :p.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
Is it a leak (like drops fall or form) or just a seap, where drops won't even form? My guess is they just didn't clean it well enough after repalcing it and is slowly seaped everywehre.

I noticed the other day when looking to swap my mounts that I had a bunch of stuff covered in a thin layer of oil (which spreads easily). I cleaned it up and since hasn't returned. I think there was just a ring of oil on the plug fiitting and it slowly seaped out and got everywhere. After you do tighten the fittings, hit it with some break cleaner to make sure all the residual oil is cleaned off and won't seap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts