Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just had may oil change. But the mechanic only put 4 liters of oil. I was just wondering if this is enough or do I need to add oil? This is currently my oil level

·
Registered
42 Posts
You'll be OK topping off, but with this platform, oil level/quality is paramount! Always keep the level at Full and change every 5000/3.8 and 3000/2.0T. If you do diligent maintenance, your odds of high mileage reliability increase tenfold. I add Liquimoly Oil Friction treatments every 3 oil changes as well. My '13 GT has 100k miles and she purrs!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll be OK topping off, but with this platform, oil level/quality is paramount! Always keep the level at Full and change every 5000/3.8 and 3000/2.0T. If you do diligent maintenance, your odds of high mileage reliability increase tenfold. I add Liquimoly Oil Friction treatments every 3 oil changes as well. My '13 GT has 100k miles and she purrs!
Alright thanks bro. But I just might buy a liter of 5w-40. Different brands are okay as long as they’re the same viscosity right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But my manual and oil cap says 5w20!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Yeah I bet he’s right though. I bring my Gen for service to shop owned by a Hyundai mechanic for many years. This guy has only been fixing Hyundais his whole life. And I asked him a year ago if I could top off with 5w-50 since my car was leaking oil from the return hose that time and he said it’s alright. It’s only this time that I went to a different shop because of the whole quarantine thing.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,836 Posts
I've been running 0w40 for years. Just switched to 5w30. The oil pressure didn't change any. I'll have to see how it is near the end of the oil change period as that is usually when fuel dilution becomes an issue.

·
Premium Member
15,408 Posts
that oil level is fine, just check it every week or 2.

Too much oil, then the crank will start to throw the oil around, decreasing power (drag on the crank). Also, cavitation from bubbles forming from all the agitation starts to become an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts