Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm a bit concerned with this light as I've never dealt with it in any of my other vehicles. I have a 2010 with the 3.8. It has 140,000 kms on it and I was just driving around like normal and this light comes on. I check the oil and it's fine, also there's no puddles or anything anywhere. The light will only come on when the RPMS are below 1-2000. It was due for an oil change so I took it in and had an engine flush as well as the oil changed but it didn't make a difference. I let it sit overnight and I noticed that the light won't come on until I drive for a bit or until the engine heats up a bit. I know this has been posted as an issue before and that it needs to be taken to a shop but from what I've been reading around it could be anything from a sensor to bearings in the engine which is what I'm terrified of. If anyone has an idea of how bad this sounds I welcome it. I just put a brand new clutch in it 1000 kms ago now this :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be a little early for worn crank bearings no? Any idea where the oil sensor is on this thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts