Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ik the oil pressure sensor is in the valley but anyone have a pic of what it looks like i bought the new sensor and took off the intake manifold and i cant find the sensor

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently having the same problem and atthe same stage you were with my intake manifold off but I cant find the sensor either. The shop gave me what looks like a bigger thicker PCV for lack of a better term...

·
Registered
999 Posts
The pic above does not show the oil pressure sensor. Let me look into my files. I have replaced it

Ah ha. here. Page 13 slide 250. Watch the video.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,624 Posts
On my 2L I was having problems with the electric sender for the aftermarket gauge going bad. I assumed vibration. So I go a 30" SS braided line and extended it to an area not touching the motor.

You say this one on the v6 needs clocked a certain direction?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Detail

Here is a pic of the sensor itself

So you need to remove the lower IM. Once there you need to remove your fuel rails. Once the fuel rails are gone. set yourself in front of the radiator., looking down. The passenger side will be to your left, driver side to your right, facing the fire wall. Look straight down between both cylinder banks deep in the valley that created by them. You will see a large black steel coolant pipe. There it is, running longitudinally with the harness at 12 oclock.
****You need to take a pic of this for two reasons:
1. To see exactly how many threads are exposed. Threads on the sensor itself. It is pre-coated with a sealant. How many threads dictates how much torque. Too little it will leak, too much it will crack and leak. Once installed you will gingerly tighten to exactly the same threads. I think its 2 still visible.
2. Harness clocking. There is very little room here, your harness has to be in such a fashion to correctly re-attach.

*****You also have to buy a long wrench, cheap ass Harbor freight or something. You must grind the shoulders way down. There is zero clearance here for any other type of tool. No socket made will fit here. I got my instructions from a Hyjndai/Gen master mechanic, its how he does it, so just do it.

This falls under one of those, "six dollar part, 700 dollars labor fixes". Anyone with over 30K who removes there lower IM for any reason should do this while "you are there". My Genesis guy Matt said over his years working on these, he had to do this quite a few times at varying mileages.

·
Registered
999 Posts
This is what the wrench looks like to do the job. There is no clearance. I just used an angle grinder, with the wrench in my vise.

PS its a 24mm open end wrench, extra long handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts