Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Gencoupe

... and now I want a better one lol
Anyone with experience care to help me decide on a 09-12 or '13 and up Genny? (I forgot the acronym someone help me out here) Are the newer ones that much better? I'm not sure that I don't actually prefer the front end on the older models.

I'm going to sell mine and buy another with the sunroof and Infinity sound system before I get stoooopid modding it out OR maybe one of you guys can save me the trouble and sell me your ride? Any takers??? PM me if your interested :grin:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got a red '12 Track, 3.8L MT.
New clutch/flywheel (single mass) and brake pads on all 4 corners installed the same day, about 2000 miles ago.
12K and you can drive it home to TX

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you looking at the 2.0T or the 3.8? What do you plan to do with the car?

I previously owned a 2010/11 (can't remember) Gencoupe and currently own a 2013. My vote would be for a 2013+ model. Hyundai made multiple improvements including higher base power and a better transmission system. Do some looking around this forum and you'll see a lot of transmission complaints on the older models. I for one had several transmission issues on the older coupe, but none on this one.

·
shorttrack
1,617 Posts
2014 and up is your best bet .

·
Registered
237 Posts
The chassis codes are bk1 for the 09-12 and bk2 for the 13+ haha, the bk2's are supposed to be a lot better in terms of modding because of the updated gdi motors as well as having 10x nicer interiors. The only beneficial reason for getting a bk1 instead is simply personal preference of the older front ends. But you gotta deal with less hp, worse tranny, and cheaper interior. i would also try to get a hold of a track edition as well so you get the LSD and don't get the itch like me to do the $2k+ upgrade from the base model's open diff. Hope this helped a little bit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts