Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone could shed some light on this odd issue im having. I have a fbo custom tuned 2013 a/t. First track day at local strip last week when launching, the car limits boost to 5-7lbs for whole run unless i lift off throttle and get back in it. Does it if i brake boost or just hit gas from a stop. But if im driving down the road and get on it everything is normal. 24psi. Only when from dead stop this happens. I swapped in my stock ecu and it does the same thing. Swapped in my old bov just to see because thats was only thing i changed since last season. First run not realizing my issue was 15.0 at 93mph. 2nd run i let off at 8th got back in it still went 104mph. So i know everything else is running great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you hold your footbrake when you launch the car? if so, then that's your issue. Here's a forum on how to fix it.

https://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t-discussion-2013-up/117269-automatic-2-0t-brake-switch-mod.html

I do. The sfr tune allows for this. I always did it before no issues. With radials i would build 9-10 lbs of boost for my launch. This is a new problem. also happens without brake boosting. just mashing gas in 1st will make it happen as well. Never did this to me before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts