Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for the best performance tune for my genny 3.8. I looked into SFR tunes but they don't look to be the best, but I don't know that much about tuning. If someone could give me some ideas that would be great. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Alphaspeed is good choice.
Where are you located and what engine and modifications do you have?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Buffalo new York only have a aem airtake on it right now

·
Registered
422 Posts
Buffalo new York only have a aem airtake on it right now
Do all of your intended mods first. Unless you’re going to settle for a canned tune, doing it before other mods is just wasting your money. A custom tune should take into account every applicable mod and maximize the benefit of each.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the SFR canned 3.8 tune for my 2013. Just got it in the midst of quarantine, actually. I wouldn't minimize the benefit of a custom tune if that's what you're going for, but i still have a lot i want to do to my car and the SFR tune is primarily driveability related and unlocking some of the stock restrictions. I did the SFR flash in combination with an engine leash and the difference was huge. Mostly, throttle and torque response across the powerband. Their website does a good job of managing your expectations for the canned. They also flashed and mailed back same day. Huge benefit since this is my daily.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the SFR canned 3.8 tune for my 2013. Just got it in the midst of quarantine, actually. I wouldn't minimize the benefit of a custom tune if that's what you're going for, but i still have a lot i want to do to my car and the SFR tune is primarily driveability related and unlocking some of the stock restrictions. I did the SFR flash in combination with an engine leash and the difference was huge. Mostly, throttle and torque response across the powerband. Their website does a good job of managing your expectations for the canned. They also flashed and mailed back same day. Huge benefit since this is my daily.
YEa i think im going to get the SFR re flash tune. do you remember how long it took to get the ecu back after you shipped it out. this is my daily driver as well. I have a throttle response controller. do you think the reflash will make a noticeable difference if I have the throttle controller hooked up?Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mailed my ECU out on a Monday, got it back 4 days later. SFR is in Springfield, PA and I am in North East, MD. Two of those days were shipping there and back. They got the ECU late in the day Tuesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts