Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Opinions on these tires,brakes,rims and suspension for my 3.8L R-Spec

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rainmaker 
#1 ·
The tire I have been looking at is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06, I have done some research on it and I heard its a great tire for this car especially all around-seasonal.

The size I was planning on getting is:
Front:

225/40ZR18 92Y BSW

Rear:
245/40ZR18 97Y BSW

Is this a good tire for this car? Or do yall recommend getting a different size and if so what?

The brake pads I have been looking at and doing research on is some hawk performance pads:

Whats yall opinion on that?

Lastly I am having trouble finding rims and suspension, this is my first ever car let alone sports car, and so I don't know much about modding. I have tried to do some research on these forums and google but haven't found much so if you could help at all I'd appreciate it!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Depending on the offset of your wheels. My buddy is running 225/40's front and 255/35's rear. He has 18x9.5+22 wheels.

About the tires, the DWS06 is a good all-season tire. I bought a set from 4wheelonline last month. So far, I'm pleased with their traction and cornering response.

#6 ·
The tire I have been looking at is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06, I have done some research on it and I heard its a great tire for this car especially all around-seasonal.

The size I was planning on getting is:
Front:

225/40ZR18 92Y BSW

Rear:
245/40ZR18 97Y BSW

Is this a good tire for this car? Or do yall recommend getting a different size and if so what?

The brake pads I have been looking at and doing research on is some hawk performance pads:

Whats yall opinion on that?

Lastly I am having trouble finding rims and suspension, this is my first ever car let alone sports car, and so I don't know much about modding. I have tried to do some research on these forums and google but haven't found much so if you could help at all I'd appreciate it!!
I’ve had two sets of Continental DSW’s on this car I’d recommend looking at Michelin’s A/S 3+ instead they grip better and are great in winter.

As far as pads I’ve got brembos and the Bec redstuff were great but they are pretty pricey. This second set of pads I went with PowerStopZ23 EVOLUTION SPORT BRAKE

as far as wheels and tire set ups figment industries can help you out on what different setups look like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.