Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Looking for a brake fluid that has a higher boiling point but isn't hydroscopic, requiring regular changes. Base Brakes, Hawk HPS, Stainless Lines

Thanks

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
Just use a quality synthetic DOT4, (i.e. MOC). I was told by my buddy who is a hyundai gold mechanic that the racey fluids don't work well with Hyundai's ABS module. They actually can cause air in the system from the abs module. Again there is no way to confirm this but this is one opinion from an experienced person.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Hey guys. Looking for a brake fluid that has a higher boiling point but isn't hydroscopic, requiring regular changes. Base Brakes, Hawk HPS, Stainless Lines

Thanks
Was wondering the same, I'm upgrading my base brakes to brembo soon

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
all brake fluids are hydroscopic, it's part of their charm.

Like Thumb5 said, a quality DOT4 (not DOT5!) is all you'll need. Changing brake fluid is part of owning a car and if you want high performance braking where the fluid will get hot, you just have to accept that you'll be changing it often.

Some brake fluids can cause foaming in ABS systems regardless if it's a Hyundai or not, especially since it's not Hyundai who makes our ABS/EBFD units, Bosch and Mando do.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. I drive very aggressive stints for 20-30 mins with heavy braking which can lead to very hot conditions. Not sure a Walmart version is what I'm looking for, but then again, my knowledge is limited.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Walmart stocks Valvoline brand brake fluid. It's fully synthetic, too. Same with Prestone fluid, I just prefer the Valvoline because if I recall it has slightly better temperature ratings. Should even list it right on the bottle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,617 Posts
I use the Valvoline too. It's worked great over the years on track day. AutoZone sells it too as do almost all parts stores.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
^ is also a massive b*tch to setup on a car that wasn't designed for it, wrong materials can cause fires and 99% of this forum doesn't have the smarts to properly set it up to be functional or the skills with the tools required to fabricate proper dust plates for it.

·
'11 3.8 Silverstone
961 Posts
I've been running ATE Super Blue since I installed my Brembos + SS lines, no complaints, and it's blue! :p

Motul RBF600 is another popular choice as well

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
I think you're supposed to switch between the blue and the yellow so that you know when you've got all the old crap out.

I run the RBF600 because AMSOil doesn't ship their DOT4 to Canada. Stupid Canadian Customs and their packaging restrictions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts