Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Kind of a Big Deal
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so ive decided Ill will be the test car for the new XXR 527, so Im ordering them in the morning, but Im going need to pick up some tires as well. I dont want the 4x4 off road look, and stance is primo when it comes to the overall look of the car. Im not the biggest fan of thick sidewalls either...

I have d2 coilovers already on it, so I can go as low as needed, within reason being its my daily driver. I also currently have an Ark exhaust and we all know it drops low on the back end, so I need to keep that in mind as well.

The 527 only come in 18's (not that happy), but I know they can be pulled off with the right set-up. So........what size tires do I need gents?

Wheel specs:
- 18x9.75 +20 on all 4 corners
- may do spacers if needed

Teasers of the wheels (going chromium black)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Why don't you test the 526s? Do they need a tester for that? I'll gladly do it. :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
how agressive do you want to go?

hellafrush nonsense, you can go 225/245
normal fitment, 245/275 is the general way to go

in other news, i've NEVER in my entire life of cars seen a 3/4" increment width wheel size.

9.75 wide? really?

·
For the love of drifting
818 Posts
Hey man! I'm running a similar set up. I have 18x9.5 +20 offset all around. Currently i'm running 235 on all four with 6mm spacers in the back. My comments on my set up are:

1. Fitment and tires for the front is perfect for me. Rim sticks out a little off the fenders and the tires are mildly stretched which i like. My tires used to hit the fender when i was really low. I think you should use 225 if you wanna go low.

2. I want at least 8mm spacers. Maybe even 10mm. Just so the flushness in the back would be the same as the front.

3. Even with 6mm spacers, the 235 tires lack if you wanna fill up the gap in the rear fenders. I'm planning on buying 255 or even 265 now for my rear so that the gap of the front and the rear will be matching. Also that way, i have reason to raise the rear of my car a little more to avoid scraping.

Hope this helps in any way man. Oh, and by the way, depending on where you leave and how your roads are plus if you guys have humps over there, my car scrapes A LOT with the 18's even after raising my height 4 times since i got my coils. I'm looking for a nice set of 19's now but i'll still keep the 18's for drifting. Post some pics after the install.

·
Kind of a Big Deal
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man! I'm running a similar set up. I have 18x9.5 +20 offset all around. Currently i'm running 235 on all four with 6mm spacers in the back. My comments on my set up are:

1. Fitment and tires for the front is perfect for me. Rim sticks out a little off the fenders and the tires are mildly stretched which i like. My tires used to hit the fender when i was really low. I think you should use 225 if you wanna go low.

2. I want at least 8mm spacers. Maybe even 10mm. Just so the flushness in the back would be the same as the front.

3. Even with 6mm spacers, the 235 tires lack if you wanna fill up the gap in the rear fenders. I'm planning on buying 255 or even 265 now for my rear so that the gap of the front and the rear will be matching. Also that way, i have reason to raise the rear of my car a little more to avoid scraping.

Hope this helps in any way man. Oh, and by the way, depending on where you leave and how your roads are plus if you guys have humps over there, my car scrapes A LOT with the 18's even after raising my height 4 times since i got my coils. I'm looking for a nice set of 19's now but i'll still keep the 18's for drifting. Post some pics after the install.
Thanks man, much appreciated! The only main issue Im worried about is the Ark exhaust. My last car was a dub dumped on its ass and I managed to only scrape a little going over speed bumps.

This is how low it was....on coils and 18's lol

·
For the love of drifting
818 Posts
You are welcome man! Really??? Your old car is low man! Haha!

What i've noticed with the GC is that the under chassis in the middle is so low. Some cars sitting lower than mine don't scrape on the same humps that i scrape on. And that is already going over the humps diagonally.

A few times my car got stuck and had a seesaw effect. The other day, my car got stuck exiting the mall and eventually i had to counterflow apologizing to the others and exit through the entrance. Hahaha!

My under chassis is scraped so bad already. Good luck with your exhaust man. Seems like you are a guy who likes it low. Poor ARK exhaust. I'm lucky my exhaust is sponsored so i don't really care.

·
U wot M8
1,908 Posts
oh look another ex-dubber :hello:

i think you'll have to undersize the sidewall a little with a 40 series, then just be low enough to make it look legit.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I order these wheels..but the estimated delivery time is late march/april...

·
Registered
260 Posts
i am ordering these in black next week, going more for grip then flushness. so a 245/275 tire set up is what i'm looking for. i am on springs though and will adjust camber and alignment once they come in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts