Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(a little back story)

New guy here, I bought a 2010 6spd coupe and ended up spinning bearings, so it's time to tear into this beast and get it built up to handle a big turbo (20g). Car will be seeing a decent amount of road course use, so I'm also beefing up the radiator and FMIC. Also porting matching intake manifold to the cylinder head, and a bowl job

I'm currently waiting on a 12mm XZN tool to show up at my house in order to get this cylinder head off (engine is already out of the car, on a stand in the man cave)

Main question-
this engine has 98k miles and I'm fairly certain that this car doesn't have a lifetime oil pump or timing components (idler pulleys, chain guides, tensioner, etc)

Is there a preferred dealership that sells OEM hyundai parts to replace all this stuff? Back when I had a 3000GT VR4, we always used Cherry Hill in new jersey because they cut us a small discount. I looked in the vendor area and it was QUITE empty as far as information. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I'm looking to have the crank turned/polished ASAP as soon as this XZN tool gets here.

Thanks!
Julian

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
They sell xzn tools at most auto parts stores.

If you search by part numbers you can get oem parts pretty cheap.

What bearings spun? conrod and/or main bearings?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most definitely a rod bearing. I ran a seemingly healthy engine out of oil in 2 weeks. The car doesnt leak or smoke, so i was quite shocked when it started tapping after a 2 hour highway drive back to my home town. Oil light never even blinked once :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its only a very slight tap thats audible at 3000 rpm. You have to turn the music down to hear it. I think i got lucky.

I have a set of forged rods on the counter top waiting to go in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts