Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Those arnt good af's for the temp being 40 degrees. Especially for DW550's.

·
Registered
924 Posts
they do have canned tunes for 400, that was qouted directly from Jermaine. Id give him a call and talk with him, hes really easy to talk toand will give it to you straight no BS. I talked to him about a tune and he said you can do a canned, but if you have plans for a bigger set up, just stay stock, get everything set up and do a dyno tune. Save the money. So thats whyat i'm going to do.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I will also say thing my MPG's also dropped going to the factory tune, but no CEL. 2+2=4 so me getting a lean code, but also getting 420+ miles out of a tank of gas are a little more than coincidence.

·
G4M3R
146 Posts
I will also say thing my MPG's also dropped going to the factory tune, but no CEL. 2+2=4 so me getting a lean code, but also getting 420+ miles out of a tank of gas are a little more than coincidence.
I am starting to think the injectors are the issue... Just hearing everyone with tunes and replaced o2 housings getting odd codes... Might sound stupid but I been dealing with P0420 code ever since the tune. I ran another tune with the same setup minus the injectors and never got a CEL. Now the custom tune and injectors now I get the CEL 20+ times a day. Trying to get fixed so I can get my car inspected

·
Frenchy
689 Posts
I am starting to think the injectors are the issue... Just hearing everyone with tunes and replaced o2 housings getting odd codes... Might sound stupid but I been dealing with P0420 code ever since the tune. I ran another tune with the same setup minus the injectors and never got a CEL. Now the custom tune and injectors now I get the CEL 20+ times a day. Trying to get fixed so I can get my car inspected
Nope. I was running stock injectors and was getting the code

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
321 Posts
idk why this has turned into a 5 page thread. the fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with any one specific tune. i have it with no cat and a btr tune. it doesnt affect performance. it has nothing to do with afr. the reason it comes on is the fact that the sensors read voltage based on afr as previously stated. if its out of its parameters, it will throw a code. of course if you have a restriction removed its going to flow more air creating a "lean" reading. heres a novel idea. program the computer to not report the code. problem solved. this code is nothing more than an annoyance that you occasionally see pop up on your dash. sucks for you people with inspections though.

·
G4M3R
146 Posts
inspections and a brand new car shouldnt have a cel... when its tuned and your tuned for no cat it should be resolved especially the cost of tunes shouldnt have to deal with the issue... if its an issue and people arent going to fix it they need to make it known before you pay for the tune. I would of stayed with the cat installed just to not have the cel but I had the car tuned with another company same setup except the injectors and never got a cel

·
Registered
321 Posts
I completely agree with you in the sense that if youre tuned for no cat there shouldnt be any codes that pop up like that. Hence why i said the tuners just need to program the comp to not report the code, if thats possible. Im not sure with the gen coupe, but i know with tuning software for my grand am i could choose which codes i didnt want to report. That would also solve the problem with people that have emissions testing. Idk if it would help inspection states where they physically look for a cat. Bottom line is, is that it is a software and not a hardware problem. Ive contacted btr about it and they were more than willing to fix it for me. I dont want to loose my tune for another couple weeks though.

·
Registered
924 Posts
idk why this has turned into a 5 page thread. the fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with any one specific tune. i have it with no cat and a btr tune. it doesnt affect performance. it has nothing to do with afr. the reason it comes on is the fact that the sensors read voltage based on afr as previously stated. if its out of its parameters, it will throw a code. of course if you have a restriction removed its going to flow more air creating a "lean" reading. heres a novel idea. program the computer to not report the code. problem solved. this code is nothing more than an annoyance that you occasionally see pop up on your dash. sucks for you people with inspections though.
^^This

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I completely agree with you in the sense that if youre tuned for no cat there shouldnt be any codes that pop up like that. Hence why i said the tuners just need to program the comp to not report the code, if thats possible. Im not sure with the gen coupe, but i know with tuning software for my grand am i could choose which codes i didnt want to report. That would also solve the problem with people that have emissions testing. Idk if it would help inspection states where they physically look for a cat. Bottom line is, is that it is a software and not a hardware problem. Ive contacted btr about it and they were more than willing to fix it for me. I dont want to loose my tune for another couple weeks though.
Please tell me BTR is not having the CEL problem! i just ordered a tubo kit from them lol. What kind of 02 housing do you have?

·
Registered
321 Posts
in the month or so since ive installed my btr tune, ive gotten the 2096 code 3 times. 2 times ive erased the code and the third it shut itself off. i been able to go a week without it turning back on and the other two times it only went for a couple days. ive noticed that when i drive it if i try and stay out of boost(driving easy) it will come on quicker. ive got a megan catless o2 housing and my wideband sensor is in between my primary and secondary o2's. like i said, since this is a known problem across the board with the tunes, i think the tuners should look into just shutting off the ability for the code to report. if thats possible with these cars

·
Registered
321 Posts
exactly, and when the pcm sees WOT it goes into open loop. so the code has no bearing on performance as ive said, its just an annoyance. quite frankly one that me and anyone else with a tune shouldnt have to see. esp if youre a wacko like me and anyone else with a btr tune and spend the kind of money you do for a btr tune. now i am NOT knocking btr for the prices they charge. you do after all get a seperate pcm, but seriously? for 700+ dollars, i expect all the kinks to be worked out. ill say it again though, btr has been more than helpful with all the issues ive had.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
An I hope I don't get a cel with their turbo Kit. I know it has no affect on performance but like u said it's just annoying

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just thought it chime in. Thats not a cat code, its a system lean code. Probably nothing to do with ur o2 housing or tune, u probably have a exhaust leak from when u installed the o2 housing

81 - 98 of 98 Posts