Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a nut shell, p0014 code , no power at low rpms,
Turbo custom built and now have to set boost duty to 80 to get 20psi dont know if that matters turbo slightlybigger then before but is a common size for 2.0t, and sometimes after driving and I try to start again it feels like its under load as it cranks and dosnt want to start so I pull battery cabel and 90% of the time it starts back up. Yes just built the head and all was running fine until I blew a head gasket changed it out compression tested and leak down tested all good there, then i started get these issues,,What am I missing?bad timing?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,721 Posts
P0014 Camshaft position (CMP) actuator, exhaust/right/rear, bank 1 – timing over-advanced/system performance Valve timing, engine mechanical fault, CMP actuator

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,721 Posts
I would guess it's out of time. Do the cam marks line up with the crank pulley mark?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,721 Posts
When I did my timing chain the marks would not line up perfectly unless I locked down the cams. What I did is jam a large screwdriver under the intake cam to hold it. then used a large wrench to turn the exhaust cam and jam another object under it when putting on the chain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I figured out, did some research and talked to a few people and so i changed out my cam positioning sensor because be believe it was stuck in read advanced only and now everything seems good so far power seems to be back in the low end starts good idel is right...so? Guess that was is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts