Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Genesis Coupe 2.0t 2013
Mileage: 78,000

I was driving my car one day, and my engine light came up. I took it to O'Reilly and it said P0035. "Turbo Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit High"

1) Air pressure is coming out of the oil fill cap. (not sure if it's supposed to be doing that)
2) Intake manifold shakes when at idle and driving.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,271 Posts
That would mean there is a short to ground in the BOV solenoid wiring. Could mean the solenoid coil is also shorted. Use an ohm meter to test the coil, shorted would be a very low number.

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
That would mean there is a short to ground in the BOV solenoid wiring. Could mean the solenoid coil is also shorted. Use an ohm meter to test the coil, shorted would be a very low number.
Im having this same issue... im desperate.

I replaced both WGA/BOV solenoids with new OEM ones. Still has problem.... how do I check the solenoid coil? is that what's inside those little solenoids? or something else attached to it?

I tried to stick the pins inside the end connectors to the solenoids... and I also cut back and exposed some out the wiring before the connectors. I don't know what #'s im looking for :(

I tried to get a shop manual- but it doesn't help me much.

I brought it to the shop... just to see if it really was an electrical issue but they instead mentioned turbo vacuum lines ... " we can replace them for an extra $150, on top of the 120$ diagnostic fee " .... if that doesnt do it, its probably the turbo. "

I just told them i'm going to keep troubleshooting it at home....hopefully you give me something I can further look for/ try out. Would be super appreciative.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,271 Posts
Take the connector off and with an ohmmeter stick the two contacts. Resistance at room temperature should be 28 to 31 ohms. If it is lower, then it will draw too much current and act like a short (0-~3 ohms). P0035 means a short to ground or the voltage being put out by the Engine control relay 12v to control the solenoid is being drawn down to 0V. This is terminal 1 on the solenoid, terminal two would be the variable ground being put out by the ECU.

You should also do the same test with the wire coming harness for the solenoid. With the key off and meter set on ohms test both wires at the connector one at a a time to engine ground. One may give a reading (ground from ECU) but the other, control voltage should show open or infinity. With the key in run terminal 1 should have battery voltage.

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
Take the connector off and with an ohmmeter stick the two contacts. Resistance at room temperature should be 28 to 31 ohms. If it is lower, then it will draw too much current and act like a short (0-~3 ohms). P0035 means a short to ground or the voltage being put out by the Engine control relay 12v to control the solenoid is being drawn down to 0V. This is terminal 1 on the solenoid, terminal two would be the variable ground being put out by the ECU.

You should also do the same test with the wire coming harness for the solenoid. With the key off and meter set on ohms test both wires at the connector one at a a time to engine ground. One may give a reading (ground from ECU) but the other, control voltage should show open or infinity. With the key in run terminal, 1 should have battery voltage.

You have no idea how much I appreciate you.

Will update you this weekend. Im excited to try this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts