Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car last year ran fine id sometimes go into limp mode but not often at all and the other day I got the p2261 code and went into limp mode twice within 30mins and again today but I only went into limp mode I got no code. If anyone can help me out I’m stumped can’t think of anything else too do
Mods— Turboback exhaust, intake,and turbo xs intercooler with a RFL BOV! Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
When you say limp mode? Can you describe what are the symptoms?
That code is related to the Turbocharger Bypass Valve. There is a solenoid with small boost/vacuum hoses on the top right side of engine bay.

Are you running the BOV directly into manifold vacuum or into that Solenoid?
Any wire damage on the solenoid?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I say limp mode I mean my car will not boost until I turn it off and on again( usually happens in colder weather) . I have a turbo xs intercooler so I bypassed the Solenoid to the intake manifold. And I’m not sure if the solenoid is damaged I barley ever touched it.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
99 Posts
I have the Turbo XS Intercooler too. Im running the BOV to the back of the intake manifold.
So if you are getting a P2261 and you have to restart the car for issue to go away it seems like there is a malfunction on the solenoid, a mechanical failure of the valve, as opposed to an electrical fault in one or more control and/or signal circuits associated with the bypass valve.

I have had to replace that solenoid twice. Repaired the connector once too.
Try relearning your Watergate. Disconnect your battery for like 5 minutes. Connect battery. Turn the ignition to the 2nd step with ignition on accessory but engine off, have it like that for 5 seconds then shut off and leave for 5 seconds, then put it on 2nd step again for 5 secs and off for 5 and so on until you done it like 5 times. By doing this the computer relearns the wastage and maybe it can help.
The DTC diagnosis procedure for this Code is clearing code, test drive and if code comes back on then perform a boost leak test, if fail then repair and retest, if pass then test power and ground to connector if failed then repair and retest, if pass then replace connector.

If you say that you bypass the solenoid and have capped all three nipples and have no leaks then I would recommend replacing the Boost Solenoid.
Part number⬇
394002C300
Supersession(s): 39400-2C300; 39400 2C300

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Turbo XS Intercooler too. Im running the BOV to the back of the intake manifold.
So if you are getting a P2261 and you have to restart the car for issue to go away it seems like there is a malfunction on the solenoid, a mechanical failure of the valve, as opposed to an electrical fault in one or more control and/or signal circuits associated with the bypass valve.

Try relearning your Watergate. Disconnect your battery for like 5 minutes. Connect battery. Turn the ignition to the 2nd step with ignition on accessory but engine off, have it like that for 5 seconds then shut off and leave for 5 seconds, then put it on 2nd step again for 5 secs and off for 5 and so on until you done it like 5 times. By doing this the computer relearns the wastage and maybe it can help.
The DTC diagnosis procedure for this Code is clearing code, test drive and if code comes back on then perform a boost leak test, if fail then repair and retest, if pass then test power and ground to connector if failed then repair and retest, if pass then replace connector.

If you say that you bypass the solenoid and have capped all three nipples and have no leaks then I would recommend replacing the Boost Solenoid.
Part number⬇
394002C300
I have not capped off the solenoid I’m not sure what to use

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not capped off the solenoid I’m not sure what to use

Part number⬇
394002C300
But I will try that with the WG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts