Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hi! so i got a p2261 code on my 2011 Gen Coupe. At first, I didn't know what that is so i took it to the dealer. he eventually change my turbo/wastegate. Nothing has changed, my turbo boost normally for about 5min until it cut the boost to approx 3lbs. i have a hks blow off valve, but I always had it since the beginning and no worries before. No boost leak, my wastegate is not leaking either, and I've test the solenoid outside the car and seems to be working fine. Ive seen a thread where you bypass the solenoid, but that didn't work, still have the code. What could possibly be the problem? all the thing i could look at or change is changed (except for the solenoid itself since it worked fine when i tested it). would a tune would clear it? could it possibly be a bad wirering? please help me my car has not run correctly for a while now馃槬

I'd rather do it myself
The solenoid will get worse as it is used if the coil is bad, the coil heats up.

Registered
Even though you bypassed the solenoid, the solenoid is still connected to the car so the car still sees that it is not working as intended. You could remove the solenoid and clean the connecters and see if that resolves the issue. But most likely you will need to replace it. Additionally you need to keep the solenoid on the car even if you are bypassing it, gennys don't like it when the solenoid isn't there. Anyway, It is not a difficult job to replace the solenoid. I also suggest capping the nipples of the solenoid if you are bypassing it and the solenoid should only be around $40-$50 so you won't be breaking the bank

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Even though you bypassed the solenoid, the solenoid is still connected to the car so the car still sees that it is not working as intended. You could remove the solenoid and clean the connecters and see if that resolves the issue. But most likely you will need to replace it. Additionally you need to keep the solenoid on the car even if you are bypassing it, gennys don't like it when the solenoid isn't there. Anyway, It is not a difficult job to replace the solenoid. I also suggest capping the nipples of the solenoid if you are bypassing it and the solenoid should only be around $40-$50 so you won't be breaking the bank
alright I'll give it a try! thank you for the reply really appreciate it :))

Registered
hi! so i got a p2261 code on my 2011 Gen Coupe. At first, I didn't know what that is so i took it to the dealer. he eventually change my turbo/wastegate. Nothing has changed, my turbo boost normally for about 5min until it cut the boost to approx 3lbs. i have a hks blow off valve, but I always had it since the beginning and no worries before. No boost leak, my wastegate is not leaking either, and I've test the solenoid outside the car and seems to be working fine. Ive seen a thread where you bypass the solenoid, but that didn't work, still have the code. What could possibly be the problem? all the thing i could look at or change is changed (except for the solenoid itself since it worked fine when i tested it). would a tune would clear it? could it possibly be a bad wirering? please help me my car has not run correctly for a while now馃槬
Check the wiring to solenoid the harness routes over the exhaust manifold and gets brittle and could break. I found the black wire or ground circuit was broken, replaced the wires problem has vanished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts