Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the car and I am interested in getting this tune. With searching, all I read is positive (other than having to start saving for a new clutch).

Has anyone experienced anything negative with the tune?

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
I just bought the car and I am interested in getting this tune. With searching, all I read is positive (other than having to start saving for a new clutch).

Has anyone experienced anything negative with the tune?
Yes:

-Dying clutch
-Balding tires
-Sore cheeks from extended grinning...

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
As long as you're staying with stock injectors (stage 1)you should be 100% problem free. The BR tunes do have one very small annoyance with upgraded injectors (stage 2 & 3), cold stumble. Basically the car will stutter/stumble occasionally until the coolant hits about 130*. Definitely nothing to keep you from purchasing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as you're staying with stock injectors (stage 1)you should be 100% problem free. The BR tunes do have one very small annoyance with upgraded injectors (stage 2 & 3), cold stumble. Basically the car will stutter/stumble occasionally until the coolant hits about 130*. Definitely nothing to keep you from purchasing.
that is something that would be fixed with a custom tune?

Thanks for the infos.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
that is something that would be fixed with a custom tune?

Thanks for the infos.
Don't think so, but can't say 100% for sure. I think all of their tunes with upgraded injectors have the issue, custom or canned. Again, it's nothing that would keep me from purchasing it if I had to do it all again. If you feather the gas and shift smooth it rarely does it.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I don't let it bother me. Its actually good because it forces you to let the car warm up. Once it stops I know the car is up to temperatures. Mine actually doens't let up until I hit about 170* coolant temp. around 130-140 its not as noticible, but its still there.

Its definatley related to the factory ECU still having full control (whcih is why CMD doesn't have this issue). If I start the car and coolant temp is above 100* or so, the car takes a little longer to crank, but no injector stumbling. Below 100*, starts up instantly but the injectors stumble a bit.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
I don't let it bother me. Its actually good because it forces you to let the car warm up. Once it stops I know the car is up to temperatures. Mine actually doens't let up until I hit about 170* coolant temp. around 130-140 its not as noticible, but its still there.

Its definatley related to the factory ECU still having full control (whcih is why CMD doesn't have this issue). If I start the car and coolant temp is above 100* or so, the car takes a little longer to crank, but no injector stumbling. Below 100*, starts up instantly but the injectors stumble a bit.
^^The symptoms are the EXACT same for me. At least the problem is repeated and pinpointed, so I'm pretty sure if we keep feeding the info to BR, they will come up with a fix.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Its obvious the car has a startup map that looks at those temperatures. Luke had mentioned to me when I first had this months ago that there were a lot of start up maps and its difficult to find/modify them all. I'm not sure how easy it is to find and change all those maps or if its even possible, but if there is one somewhere that looks for coolant temp < 100*, thats the one we need changed =)

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
Uber Member
255 Posts
I am running the 91 octane tune for a base 2.0 A/T and I dont have a single bad thing to say about it. BR is great with customer service, and the tune itself just blows my mind every time I hit the gas. I can guarantee you wont be dissapointed in any aspect of your purchase. And for the first time ever, I didnt have buyers remorse after spending 600 on this tune...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I am running the 91 octane tune for a base 2.0 A/T and I dont have a single bad thing to say about it. BR is great with customer service, and the tune itself just blows my mind every time I hit the gas. I can guarantee you wont be dissapointed in any aspect of your purchase. And for the first time ever, I didnt have buyers remorse after spending 600 on this tune...
That's good to hear as I have the A/T as well and I would be running the 91 tune too. Don't think I can get 93 anywhere close to where I live.

·
Uber Member
255 Posts
That's good to hear as I have the A/T as well and I would be running the 91 tune too. Don't think I can get 93 anywhere close to where I live.
Im in the same boat, no 93 anywhere around me and it wouldnt be worth it to go find it. I wonder what the power difference is between the 2 octanes...

In regards to the tune, since you have an auto i can give you a little more insight. The shifts are smoother, the car actually accelerates like a sports car, and the throttle response is better. (a intake will make it even better). Just be careful after you get the tune, I had to adjust my driving habits because I peel out at every red light now. so i guess the only negative thing i could say is im going to need new tires because of this tune...but thats not really a bad thing since the stock tires kinda suck

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Im in the same boat, no 93 anywhere around me and it wouldnt be worth it to go find it. I wonder what the power difference is between the 2 octanes...

In regards to the tune, since you have an auto i can give you a little more insight. The shifts are smoother, the car actually accelerates like a sports car, and the throttle response is better. (a intake will make it even better). Just be careful after you get the tune, I had to adjust my driving habits because I peel out at every red light now. so i guess the only negative thing i could say is im going to need new tires because of this tune...but thats not really a bad thing since the stock tires kinda suck
You just put me one step closer to buying it, sounds great. I'll be running wider tires come spring, infact I already have my new wheel/tire setup here at home waiting to go.

Think I'm just gonna cash out some vacation time and get the reflash instead of the time off.

Thanks for the insight. ;)

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
I love my BR tune.

The only downside is the upgraded injector problem at start up. But like everyone says, it helps me be easy on the car before its fully warmed up. So in a funny way, it's a good plus.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Which's BR map, are you running ?
-map tune after November 2010 or before that date.

And what is your average fuel consumption from BR map ?

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Just remember. The moment you hit 30,000 miles + start saving for a new clutch and maybe fly wheel. I'm at 60k+ and regretting for not saving so soon. Lol

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,736 Posts
I love my BR tune.

The only downside is the upgraded injector problem at start up. But like everyone says, it helps me be easy on the car before its fully warmed up. So in a funny way, it's a good plus.
So just what is the upgraded injector problem at startup?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts