Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just picked up a PA reflash module from another member, I still need to get it unlocked for my car, and I was curious about weather or not hard intake pipes such as the AEM set require custom tuning? The Beyond Redline site says their canned tunes are compatible with intake and exhaust, but don't mention intercooler piping. I wouldn't think that a custom tune would be required, but figured I would check.

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Pm tim, he'll help you out. My guess is depending on what pipes and depending on how the map sensor bung is located. But ie say with injen pipes? You dont need a new tune. Wouldnt hurt to quickly get dynoed after install to check your a/f ratios

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I'll tell you right now. After speaking with BR about their Stage 3 tune and using my FMIC. They said it might work unless if I was running the AEM FMIC, then I'll have some issues. I guess there's an issue of how the sensor is placed on the TB side. So you will need to go custome tune. There's a local member over here in he west cost that had this issue and went to get custom tuned due to hs AEM FMIC.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same issue with the Injen pipes and the BR PA. The bung for the MAP is not angled, however BR sells a bung that you weld to your pipe and corrects it.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Guys check out my build thread and the bong i replaced. It was a $30 job at a local machine shop and took them 1 hour

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Cx racings bung was dead flat and about 1/2 thick/tall

·
Registered
260 Posts
flylow did you get the entire cx racing intercooler kit? or just piping and if so where?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts