Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says search button I have searched and from reading I have heard yes and no to my question so Im looking a direct answer from someone who knows for sure. I am buying a reflash on Monday from PA or SFR. I want the PA for the reason I can flash it back to stock if needed. So my question is I own a 2010 2.0T automatic transmission does anyone know if they 100 percent fixed the limp mode issue with the autos or is there still issue occurring with this tune. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Since the "fix", no one has really complained about limp mode issues except for in the second to last post here:
http://www.gencoupe.com/beyond-redline-performance/51589-exceladyne-base-re-flash-review.html

But as you can see that person never followed up so who knows what the deal is there + it's pretty unlikely that you would go 3 straight hours without flipping cruise off once or twice. So you should be fine, get a few more opinions but I'm pretty sure on this.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I read the post thats kinda what I got from it I just knew in the early stage they had some problems! So you are in MOTOWN Man you go to WVU ????

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We need to get a meet together!

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW Jay my heart has been with SFR since before I bought my car I have always been leaning with you guys just the fact of having to send it in to get back to stock. I didnt see the new update on the whole reflash module I guess I will just have to wait then do you have any idea when you will be back to the states I just am so eager for a reflash!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know anyone else up there who has a Genesis??

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nope, I haven't seen another one in town or anywhere nearby. Most people here are all about pickup trucks, not too many sporty cars around.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea all trucks here to I'm the only one around well we need to try to find a few more I could come up to MOTOWN and stay do you know Clay Austin??? Whats your name BTW?

·
It's a Hyundai??
64 Posts
I also have 2010 2.0t automatic and i have had the new PA module for about 4000 miles... i have never had any issues with limp mode or anything...from what i have been reading SFR tunes tend to be lean so you may want to take that into consideration when you choose a flash...plus with the PA module you can send it to BR for more tunes as you mod (for a price)...or just get in contact with BR for their automatic tune...i will be sending my module to BR when they have a flash for bolt-ons...

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I also have 2010 2.0t automatic and i have had the new PA module for about 4000 miles... i have never had any issues with limp mode or anything...from what i have been reading SFR tunes tend to be lean so you may want to take that into consideration when you choose a flash...plus with the PA module you can send it to BR for more tunes as you mod (for a price)...or just get in contact with BR for their automatic tune...i will be sending my module to BR when they have a flash for bolt-ons...
Have you ever even seen our dyno graphs and compared them sir?
Nothing against you.. but just because some person over in California says so does not automatically mean he is stating facts.
I didn't see anything necessary to post back going against some of keyboard warriors who can do nothing but talking smack behind computers :D

Here are some footages @ Puerto Rico trip with all A/F recorded on Mustang dyno.
Please tell me if you can find any spots that are running LEAN.
Most of A/F after 4-5k are under 10.8 just like stock and wideband could not even read :dunno: and lower RPM A/F ratios are lower than stock as well.

YouTube - seoulfulracing's Channel

YouTube - seoulfulracing's Channel

Speaking of Lean, have you ever checked other so-called competitors' A/F ratio? :D
We even had to chance to save some of their tunes on our computer (I had to because we have to save the original datas during the tour for customers who showed up to get our tune instead) and compared it with our programm, and I know exactly what I am talking about (Sure some kids will never get it tho.. well only time will tell.. well actually some will never learn:))

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Trix are for kids! Zing!

Damn Scott. We so gay.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts