Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Automotive Photographer
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any vendors be interested in coming out with a Paddle shifter upgrade kit? The factory ones are not terrible, but are a little light for my taste and kind of cheap. I would perfer some aluminum replacements. I'm also sure I am not the only one who thinks so!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the paddle shifter assembly?

Could not find it on HMA.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Very very interested

·
<WARNING:NSFW!>
2,076 Posts
When I had my auto I thought the same to me they should be static as well( not turn with the wheel) but oh well manual now so eh. Bump for u auto guys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I had my auto I thought the same to me they should be static as well( not turn with the wheel) but oh well manual now so eh. Bump for u auto guys.
Thanks for that :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I had a lancer that had the static paddle shifters...def liked them much better than it being on the steering wheel. But I bet there are many ppl that would disagree with us.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I tried looking for the paddle shift system too, didn't seem like it was there and if it was in some documents that showed nothing in it then it's a matter of finding out how to get them to show.

·
Automotive Photographer
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Static shifters would be an excellent addition. I'm more looking along the lines of replacement aluminum pieces for the actual shifter actuators.

The design, if you remove one, is basically a button which is depressed and actuated when you pull it and sends a signal to the transmission. The question is, how can the button be modified to accept aluminum replacements? My guess is they are glued to the plastic paddle, but it would be nice for someone to confirm this theory.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
they had aluminum ones in the korean aftermarket a few years ago. No one wanted them so they don't sell them anymore.

I rather have them fixed onto the column, with pull to upshift and push to down shift, on both sides, but thats just my preference. The knob works just fine for me.

·
Automotive Photographer
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen pictures. The issue there is whoever styled the paddles was probably a klingon. I could see someone getting impaled on those during a front end impact.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Would any vendors be interested in coming out with a Paddle shifter upgrade kit? The factory ones are not terrible, but are a little light for my taste and kind of cheap. I would perfer some aluminum replacements. I'm also sure I am not the only one who thinks so!
i hated the plastic (though i wud snap it one day)and they where to low,so i got them molded with a 1 inch extension and made them in CF

1 - 20 of 31 Posts