Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this question pertains to those who DON'T like the Audi-ized look of our black noses, and want a factory color center.

Originally I was going to go to a body shop to have my center piece removed, have the holes that the stupid dealership drilled into it but that turned into a $500 slap in the face.

Hell, even to pull it OFF and have it patched/painted, it would still ache at $300.

So I'm wondering now, does anybody sell painted center pieces?

If not, where can I order a OEM center piece to simply have painted (to the tune of $100, but still way cheaper) and replace myself?

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
as far as I've heard you can get a new cover for $40 from the dealer

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
Alright, this question pertains to those who DON'T like the Audi-ized look of our black noses, and want a factory color center.

Originally I was going to go to a body shop to have my center piece removed, have the holes that the stupid dealership drilled into it but that turned into a $500 slap in the face.

Hell, even to pull it OFF and have it patched/painted, it would still ache at $300.

So I'm wondering now, does anybody sell painted center pieces?

If not, where can I order a OEM center piece to simply have painted (to the tune of $100, but still way cheaper) and replace myself?
been done and discussed

http://www.gencoupe.com/exterior-2013-up/96875-2013-front-bumper-grille.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
Go to the dealer and order one, then paint it yourself. I paid $47.00 out the door for mine. Had to replace mine cause the dealer drilled holes in it and I installed the GrimmSpeed Relocation Kit and didn't like the hole look. The bumper is a pain in the Ass, but it's worth it in the long run. Just be patient and don't get frustrated and you'll be ok. Plenty of information and video on removal of the front bumper. Good Luck.:rofl:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I ended changing mine out last week on my own. ordered it from a vendor here. Removing the bumper wasn't that bad, but removing the plastic piece was. there were so many freaking tabs and it got really frustrating.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know that really sucked.Did you take out your headlights when you removed the bumper?
Not fully, just enough to place in my v-led switchback LEDs. They haven't hyperflashed or blinked (or whatever you call it) yet. So didnt even need those resistors.

i also found that loosening the 10 mm bolt inside the bumper helped with the bumper removal. i then pulled the edges of the bumper out enough to (carefully) stick a flathead to push down on the clip that held the bumper in place.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a surface scratch on it. Can't feel it with my nail. Is there any polish that can remove it

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have a surface scratch on it. Can't feel it with my nail. Is there any polish that can remove it
On the crash bar cover? It's plastic, you'd have to sand it and repaint. You could also try and fill it with some epoxy then paint.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I would paint it yourself, online there are paint touch up companies that sell factory matched paint in cans.

It is a small piece take it off and paint with a spray can then clear it.

Hell tape off the front end with some paper and spray it to make it easier.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you take the trouble to take it off to paint , you might as well just replace the piece . Cost between $40.00 - $50, out the door from the dealer. Or just tape it off like mentioned above. What's your pleasure.:D

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts