Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Passenger window problem

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TsukubaRed_PA 
#1 ·
Anyone here have an issue with a window not going up properly into the frame? Highway speeds are not pleasant with the whistle. It doesn't leak water in but it's annoying. Could it just need a reset?

#2 ·
If it's not going up all the way when the door is fully closed, then open the door and push the button on the door frame.
It should go up the last 1/4 inch. If it doesn't then it's probably the button.

test doing this on the driver door, to know what I'm talking about.

#3 ·
If it's not going up all the way when the door is fully closed, then open the door and push the button on the door frame.
It should go up the last 1/4 inch. If it doesn't then it's probably the button.

test doing this on the driver door, to know what I'm talking about.
When the door gets closed the window does go up like it's supposed to. It just doesn't slide in where it's supposed to into the door frame. I've tried pushing on the window as you close the door but that doesn't allow it to slide into place either.

#6 ·
There is a process to reset the windows electronically. It is somewhere on the forum here, but here it is. I have used this a couple of times. Good thing to try first.

If the power window is not operated correctly,the automatic power window system must be reset as follows:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Open the window fully by manual down(press the front portion of the switch to the first detent position.).
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and to the ON position again within 2 seconds.
4. Press the front portion of the switch 3 times within 5 seconds.
5. Close the window and continue pulling up on the power window switch for at least 1 second after the window is completely closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.